Fish aren't the only thing the radical right threatens

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Iran Scam - - - -
are you referring to that Iran/Contra scandal? That one gave the Iranians Hawk and TOW missiles. I don't know what generation of Hawk they were, but if they were 1st generation, put into service in `59, they weren't difficult to counter. TOW missiles are anti tank missiles, wire guided although I understand they have a wireless version as well. From what I've heard, these actually worked, unlike some of the stuff we got to shoot.

Rob Allen

Care to describe what this would look like and how it would work Rob? I'm not seeing what that engagement looks like and the connection to jihadists being ready to give it up.

Tojo was just as much a radical as the members of Isis. We beat the hell out of his ability to wage war. If we want to defeat the Jihadists we have to do the same. We have to destroy their ability to wage any kind of war.
Not just killing them we have to stop them from getting supplies. Keep food and arms from them and they will stop fighting.
Notice i am using the word if.. dealing with the Jihadists requires us to stop arms from iran, Saudi Arabia Russia China and so on.
Do we really want to do that? I don't know but that is how you win this war or terror.

What does involvment from the American people look like? I don't know but half measures always lose wars and get more people killed.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Rob,

Japan had naval and air assets that we destroyed. They had an army and citizens, and we solved having to make a main island invasion by using two nuclear bombs and killing more than a quarter million Japanese, mostly civilians.

The Islamic jihadists don't have or use those kinds of resources. They use small and improvised weapons and Toyota pickups and blend in readily with civilians. This makes them very difficult to target. As it is, we go after the Taliban in Afghanistan and keep killing civilians as collateral damage. That ends up with more and more civilians being sympathetic to the Taliban. Not exactly a recipe for success. The Soviets fought in Afghanistan for 10 years and finally decided to cut their losses and left. We've been there for 16 years now and are no closer to winning anything than the day we began. If this situation could actually be won, I think one or more of the smart people in our military would have figured it out by now.

So, what does a full measure look like? Please describe that for me if you can.

You can do basic math, right? Did you watch the video presentation by the female muslim researcher? There are about 1.3 billion Muslims globally. In in she indicated that something like a lot less than 1% are violently active towards others, be it Muslim or other religions. But about 10% of Muslims are sympathetic to the cause or causes of the radical Muslims, with some of them providing tangible support (money and supplies) to the radicals involved in violence. Then the scary part, about 30% of Muslims globally think it is OK and consistent with Muslim faith for Islamists to subjugate or overtake non-Muslims by force if necessary. And these 30% are scattered all around the world. And the more war we wage against those less than 1% of actively violent, the more the 10% and 30% groups grow in number and proportion. Good luck trying to deny 390 million Muslims scattered around the world from supporting the ability to wage war by the actively violent.

The model to successfully deal with this kind of threat is yet to be developed. Do the math. It's that simple.

Sg

Rob Allen

Rob,

Japan had naval and air assets that we destroyed. They had an army and citizens, and we solved having to make a main island invasion by using two nuclear bombs and killing more than a quarter million Japanese, mostly civilians.

The Islamic jihadists don't have or use those kinds of resources. They use small and improvised weapons and Toyota pickups and blend in readily with civilians. This makes them very difficult to target. As it is, we go after the Taliban in Afghanistan and keep killing civilians as collateral damage. That ends up with more and more civilians being sympathetic to the Taliban. Not exactly a recipe for success. The Soviets fought in Afghanistan for 10 years and finally decided to cut their losses and left. We've been there for 16 years now and are no closer to winning anything than the day we began. If this situation could actually be won, I think one or more of the smart people in our military would have figured it out by now.

So, what does a full measure look like? Please describe that for me if you can.

You can do basic math, right? Did you watch the video presentation by the female muslim researcher? There are about 1.3 billion Muslims globally. In in she indicated that something like a lot less than 1% are violently active towards others, be it Muslim or other religions. But about 10% of Muslims are sympathetic to the cause or causes of the radical Muslims, with some of them providing tangible support (money and supplies) to the radicals involved in violence. Then the scary part, about 30% of Muslims globally think it is OK and consistent with Muslim faith for Islamists to subjugate or overtake non-Muslims by force if necessary. And these 30% are scattered all around the world. And the more war we wage against those less than 1% of actively violent, the more the 10% and 30% groups grow in number and proportion. Good luck trying to deny 390 million Muslims scattered around the world from supporting the ability to wage war by the actively violent.

The model to successfully deal with this kind of threat is yet to be developed. Do the math. It's that simple.

Sg

Dropping the bombs on Japan saved millions of Japanese lives. This is as self evident as gravity. Proof can bu summed up with one word. Siapan.

As for terrorists.
I am sympathetic to the cause of stopping clearcutting it however is evil to spike a tree and possibly kill a logger.
If i harbor someone who spikes trees and a logger is killed that makes me a murderer. If 30% pf Muslims around the world choose do do evil that's their choice but it makes them fair game on my book.

Again.. i used the word if. I tried to make that clear. Simple fact however war is a cold hearted endeavor if you approach it strategically with any other mindset more people are going to die over a longer period of time.

I think we should minimize our presence in the muslim world and give Israel the fredom to do as they please in the middle east.

dfl

Old, awful and ugly.
Seems pretty obvious and quite simple to me. We know islam is a peaceful worldview, religion, philosophy and rule of law, they'll certainly have it taken care of in short order.

Since we've seen islam take care of their internal issues time and again we can just wait. We know full well there are none who'd like to go be-head infidels around the world. If islam can't live with people they mostly agree with they certainly can't live with those they don't, at all. We should just wait for the peace loving muslims to take care of the problem.

Yeah, that's a sure winner, good for world health care too!
Except for your inane and irrelevant last sentence you pretty much nailed Islam.

Rob Allen

Should have nuked that whole region years ago.

No, What we should have done was made sure oil money was used to employ the whole region at a living wage instead of staying with the ruling families We should have been a force for good in the world instead of a force for greed and out own prosperity. I don't know why Osama Bin Laden didn't use his extensive wealth and influence for that instead of rallying all the angry people together to foster hate for the west i guess maybe that was easier. Supporting Israel though essential to America probably didn't help

____________ use his extensive wealth and influence for that instead of rallying all the angry people together to foster hate for the ______________.

Completion test. Anyone care to fill in the blanks?

B

bennysbuddy

____________ use his extensive wealth and influence for that instead of rallying all the angry people together to foster hate for the ______________.

Completion test. Anyone care to fill in the blanks?

I do way better on multiply choice quizzes

Rob Allen

Hmmm

Obama... conservatives ( sicking the IRS on them)

Hillary Clinton..... truth, justice, American diplomats in north Africa.

Dick Cheney...... John McCain

How many right answers are there?

weiliwen

Kicked
Today, truth and facts are under assault - just look at posts by Rob Allen, click roll off, and freestone angler on this and the AGW thread. They have consistently used out-of-context information, outright lies, opinions dressed as facts, etc to attempt to prove their points. They are trying to allow the difference between facts and lies to be flattened out. It's extremism parading as rational discourse. We live in an age where truth is on the defensive. Facts are being drowned out by the fools above who yell more loudly to make their point. It's time you boys were shut down, and don't bother complaining about freedom of speech. You do have the freedom to lie, but I have the freedom to point out that those ARE lies. And you three, and your ilk, are liars and extremists. And by definition, un-American.

Reactions: dfl
Today, truth and facts are under assault - just look at posts by Rob Allen, click roll off, and freestone angler on this and the AGW thread. They have consistently used out-of-context information, outright lies, opinions dressed as facts, etc to attempt to prove their points. They are trying to allow the difference between facts and lies to be flattened out. It's extremism parading as rational discourse. We live in an age where truth is on the defensive. Facts are being drowned out by the fools above who yell more loudly to make their point. It's time you boys were shut down, and don't bother complaining about freedom of speech. You do have the freedom to lie, but I have the freedom to point out that those ARE lies. And you three, and your ilk, are liars and extremists. And by definition, un-American.
Well stated. A quick way to shut them down is by utilizing your Ignore option. As much as I detest Fox Noise and MicrSoftNBC I watch and listen to hear the dark side's lies and innuendoes as a means of preparation to defend the truth.

Reactions: dfl

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts