chasing big girls

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
with my number 1 and 2 old standby spots toast for at least a few years due to winter kill and water issues I needed to head to some new water..

this spot looked good. in fact you couldn't create a better spot for a big bass then under this tree. I attacked it from every angle. important lesson for new bass fisherman. fish structure from different angles. Screenshot_20170617-214419.png it didnt matter this time though. nada. :D

The morning wasn't lost though I had two good blowups and a 4 pounder come off at the net on this pond.

The next spot was almost a 2 mile hike in. Screenshot_20170617-214450.png A good size rattler gave me a good scare off the trail. It was beautiful and loud thankfully!

Onto the fish! Screenshot_20170617-214512.png Screenshot_20170617-214503.png getting bigger: Screenshot_20170617-214515.png the fish of the day took my old standby black popper with yellow bucktail: Screenshot_20170617-214525.png time to hike out! Screenshot_20170617-214532.png I've never seen so many mosquitoes. thank God I had a light weight hoodie in my tube. I had over 20 mosquitoes on each shoulder and across upper back. I would have been eaten alive on hike out without the long sleeve! it was the worst swarm I've ever experienced. unreal really.

no 8 pound largemouth which is my goal but this pond might have them at least... Screenshot_20170617-214540.png take care
Billy

Buzzy

You show a great picture of a mariposa lily and then scare the snot out of me with the rattle snake! Great report! (I know that tree).

rotato

Great report Billy,
What size of tippit are you using?
I went over there last week to fish a pay to play lake near Vantage and I'm super stoked on those surface takes.
Thanks

Olive bugger

Great pictures and report, Billy. BUT, what is the blue stuff at the top of the first picture?
I recognized the water, but can't figure the top of the picture with the white and blue stuff.
Trying to work out the largemouth situation in a local lake over here. It has some about the same size in it.

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
You show a great picture of a mariposa lily and then scare the snot out of me with the rattle snake! Great report! (I know that tree).
I don't think you know where that tree is. u may email me your guess:)

you can sorta see the snake on the left in shade. when it first rattled I jumped it was so loud but it was still 10 feet away:D Screenshot_20170618-082731.png

FinLuver

@ b_illymac...

I like big bass and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a bass swims in with an itty, bitty waist
And a round thing in your face

You get sprung, wanna pull up tough
'Cuz you notice that fish was stuffed
Deep in the weeds she's hiding
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring

Oh baby, I wanna get with ya and take your picture

:D

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts