thumbing a big girl

Gyrfalcon21

My f
Very misleading title.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ditch pickles smallies, and swamp donkeys largemouth?
My friends and I were calling everything "ditch pickles" when we first became aware of the term. It was used for anything other than trout, but then THEY became "ditch pickles" too if they were girthy, so I am not a good source of what is which : )

GAT

Dumbfounded
Billy.. get yourself one of those portable electronic scales to weigh the bass...like I did. Then your catch rate will take a huge dive like mine did! :confused:

Big ol' bass! Hard to tell from the selfie but the lip shot gives me the impression the critter was at least 5lbs and maybe close to 6. Damned hard to take a decent photo of yourself holding a big bass...

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
Billy.. get yourself one of those portable electronic scales to weigh the bass...like I did. Then your catch rate will take a huge dive like mine did! :confused:

Big ol' bass! Hard to tell from the selfie but the lip shot gives me the impression the critter was at least 5lbs and maybe close to 6. Damned hard to take a decent photo of yourself holding a big bass...

GAT, until you meet Billy in person you will not understand that using him as a comparison to measure a fish is not a viable method. He is appropriately a large man.

bakerite

Almost makes me wish I was back in tri-cities for the summer instead of here in God's trout-country! Great looking fish Billy!

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator

I've weighed a lot of 5's and 6's. I'm comfortable with my guess of 7.5 pounds;). I was by myself and just wanted to do a quick picture for memories and to share. Although bass are tuff I want to get them back in water quick and am working on my overall handling time. I actually carry a scale but don't think I would use it unless I got one over 10. Even then I might not.

That fly is almost 9 inches long for comparison sake as well...haha :eek:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info