WA Reference Ff, Port Townsend

Morning all. I will be in the Port Townsend area during the week of the 4th and am looking for some ff options. I would love to try saltwater as I have never done that. I have browsed through the forum and have seen some good advise, but I thought I could get something a bit more up to date. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I think there's a fly shop in P.T. as well. They could probably point you in the right direction.
Port Townsend Angler, right down on Water St.

reason for edit: wrong street name corrected.

Last edited:

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
I think there's a fly shop in P.T. as well. They could probably point you in the right direction.
Port Townsend Angler, right down on Water St.

reason for edit: wrong street name corrected.
Sorry to say that the Port Townsend Angler fly shop closed some years ago. The owner was having medical issues that became disabling. More recently, with good care, he's doing better. At least he's up and around again. The two key fly shops for the Olympic Peninsula waters are Waters West Flyfishing Outfitters, in Port Angeles, and Peninsula Outfitters, in Poulsbo.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Thanks for refreshing my memory, Bob. I lost some of it when my head hit the floor hard and I broke my neck
(simple fracture of the C-1), about 17.5 months ago. I had "amnesia" and memory difficulties for a short while, but most of it has come back. I was knocked out for about 5 hours or so, before I came to. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Latest posts