Trip Report Back to Karkkila!

IMG_20170712_080142.JPG A lot of southern Finland looks like this, flowers for canola oil! Hadn't been fishing in over a month, been busy & also had Calcific Tendonitis in my sholder & a week off work, but feels good now! IMG_20170712_080515.JPG IMG_20170712_080745.JPG Had the whole area to myself, but only seen very small grayling rising! Pulled these 2 stocked rainbows out using the Euro nymphing system, they put a good bend in a 10' 3wt, also had 3 other fish on for a short time, but don't know if they were also rainbows, browns or grayling? IMG_20170712_090031.JPG IMG_20170712_090411.JPG IMG_20170712_090611.JPG IMG_20170712_081008.JPG IMG_20170712_081359.JPG Got caught up in the trees a few times & lost some nymphs hooked up on the bottom! All rainbows are stocked in Finland, they just don't reproduce over here! Could be because spring is still to cold if they are spring spawners? I don't know! Cheers Adam

Hardy Zenith Sintrix 10' 3wt, Nautilus FWX 3/4, thinking about a Sage click 1 oneday? So lite! Nymph? #14 jig hook, silver tungsten bead, few mallard fibres for tail, thin brown dubed body with copper wire ribbing & small amount of pink wing n flash in a dubbing loop for colar! That fly has even got me a couple of 24" spawning seatrout + smaller!

Hardy Zenith Sintrix 10' 3wt, Nautilus FWX 3/4, thinking about a Sage click 1 oneday? So lite! Nymph? #14 jig hook, silver tungsten bead, few mallard fibres for tail, thin brown dubed body with copper wire ribbing & small amount of pink wing n flash in a dubbing loop for colar! That fly has even got me a couple of 24" spawning seatrout + smaller!
Adam: Are most of your czech nymphs tied on jig hooks so they ride upright in the currents? Also, do most of your patterns incorporate a brightly colored collar? I am a huge fan of French Nymphing videos and am always trying to refine the technique. How long are your leader/tippets and do you use a sighter?

Not always jig hooks, but a jig hook always on the bottom! Barbless are best, fish spit them out in the net, makes life easy! Some kind of Hotspot always! Just put a Hends 9 metre 10 yard tappered French leader on my reel, seems long I know! Hoped to try it today? But whole trip turned to s#!t! Used home made leader before, but wrong thickness, no good! No expert on Euro, French/Spanish nymphing, but was into Czech nymphing big for a couple years! Just used a length of Brite mono with marks from a sharpie for sight indicator then! I'll get back with indicator!

Latest posts