Swap Beach fly swap!

Philonius

I'm pretty surprised we haven't heard anything from his Farqness. But yes, he upcoming has nuptial events and a pretty full plate.

I'd like to suggest a fairly short timeline so we can go try em out pretty soon. Also, as we've tried in the past without great success to get together for a day on the water, we should make another attempt. This one's close to home, the weather is nothing to complain about, and we might even be able to turn the outing into a BBQ. Let's do a meetup on some beaches.

Philonius

As to what to tie; relatively simple working flies, nothing fancy. Probably a selection of colored bucktail clousers, and something with a braided/uv resin body; that or a popper.

john gates

Vw Bus driving(68) God Fearing Adventure Seeker
I do want to meet up again I'm game for that Phil my dad will be too. I want to tie a bug rarly imitated its a leech that hatches early like Feb or March but since that isn't something hatching now I'll hold off. I wanna tie a top water slider or popper. Although classic src flies from my (the late great ) Les Johnson book so as you can see I am undecided. But it will be on a size 6 salty hook.

john gates

Well, it sounds like a good excuse to have a spring leech swap next winter. I've always wanted to tie miyawakis pattern.

Tmik

I have a subsurface variation of the miyawaki popper that will make an appearance.

I am also very game for a short timeline and a beach fish/bbq for the swap.

I'm ok with short timeline. Was going to tie some surf candies with bucktail.

Really like the idea of a bbq, just tell me when where and what to bring.

john gates

I threw out my back I am going to give a few fly's a shot while I'm off work. 29yr old or not concrete and a pulled back don't mix.

Latest posts