Time To Try Somewhere Else

GAT

Dumbfounded
Back to the farm lake for bass on Saturday. No photos with this thread because I didn't catch anything photo-worthy.

Another nice day and during the morning I did hook one LMB that took a frog popper but it spit the hook (a reoccurring problem this year). Hard to tell but most likely it was one of the 1.5-2.0 range. Not really a photo-fish but much larger than the four baby LMB I did bring to hand later on (one took a popper that was about the same size as the fish -- that was one confident bass!). Also caught four smallish yellow perch and one NPM.... that was it.

Not much of a LMB trip.

So, regardless of the convenience of the farm pond and the potential for a 6-8 lb LMB, I need to try a different fishery next Saturday. Maybe do something crazy and fish for trout for a change.

Rob Allen

Back to the farm lake for bass on Saturday. No photos with this thread because I didn't catch anything photo-worthy.

Another nice day and during the morning I did hook one LMB that took a frog popper but it spit the hook (a reoccurring problem this year). Hard to tell but most likely it was one of the 1.5-2.0 range. Not really a photo-fish but much larger than the four baby LMB I did bring to hand later on (one took a popper that was about the same size as the fish -- that was one confident bass!). Also caught four smallish yellow perch and one NPM.... that was it.

Not much of a LMB trip.

So, regardless of the convenience of the farm pond and the potential for a 6-8 lb LMB, I need to try a different fishery next Saturday. Maybe do something crazy and fish for trout for a change.

Yellow perch are one of the prettiest freshwater fish anywhere.

Latest posts