Advice needed:St. Joe float and fish

svinyard

I'm planning a family trip out to the St. Joe (assuming it's good) to camp with my wife and boys. Bringing the clacka craft and wanting to float and fish as well. Anyone experience over there that can help dial me in with camping areas, put ins and take outs and fishing it? Feel free to pm me.

Thanks!

I'm putting in a couple of calls to the silverbow shop too

I would think that unless your way on the lower river floating in a DB is out, pretty sure its too low for that. And i would also guess the lower probably doesn't have too many fish in it right now. tons of walk and wade access no boat needed anyways.

Richard E

I'm planning a family trip out to the St. Joe (assuming it's good) to camp with my wife and boys. Bringing the clacka craft and wanting to float and fish as well. Anyone experience over there that can help dial me in with camping areas, put ins and take outs and fishing it? Feel free to pm me.

Thanks!

Why don't you call and/or stop in at a local fly shop to get real-time and local info? Buy a few flies, some tippet, and leader and you'll get a lot of info. Back in the day Fins & Feathers Tackle Shop in Coeur d'Alene used to have a decent map of the Joe that was very reasonably priced; not sure if they still have them.

svinyard

Why don't you call and/or stop in at a local fly shop to get real-time and local info? Buy a few flies, some tippet, and leader and you'll get a lot of info. Back in the day Fins & Feathers Tackle Shop in Coeur d'Alene used to have a decent map of the Joe that was very reasonably priced; not sure if they still have them.
Yup, have spoken with some already.

dibling

Thanks!

Would third the no need for drift boat. Anything above avery is awesome and super accessible. The highway follows the river closely for almost the whole duration.

svinyard

Would third the no need for drift boat. Anything above avery is awesome and super accessible. The highway follows the river closely for almost the whole duration.
Dang. I was hoping to have some good fishing float water. Its easier to keep track of kids if they are stuck in the boat lol! Looks like it might be a wet-wade trip instead. Thanks!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts