NFR Summer Brew

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
My brother-in-law from Texas and his wife drink Coors Light, so we bought a case while they were here in late May. Running low on my Full Sail, I tapped into the remaining stock in the fridge. On these warm, dry days, that stuff is mighty darn refreshing... so much so that I had my wife pick up a couple more 30 packs at the IGA on sale. I'll likely switch back to my IPA's and Scotch Ales come fall and cool weather, but for now, this is darn good summer refreshment. Anyone else switch beers in summer vs. winter?

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Nope.

And drinking Coors Light is like chastity, in that it's its own well deserved punishment.

Running low on Full Sail is a crime in my house. In MT however, there are plenty of satisfactory alternatives. Bozone Amber and Coldsmoke come to mind.

the_grube

Ya man a silver bullet can hit the spot when the sun's out. The lower alcohol content allows for a higher consumption rate without falling down too.

That said I'm a craft beer snob. Belgians and stouts in the winter pale ales and lagers in the summer and ambers/browns in between.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
My brother-in-law from Texas and his wife drink Coors Light, so we bought a case while they were here in late May. Running low on my Full Sail, I tapped into the remaining stock in the fridge. On these warm, dry days, that stuff is mighty darn refreshing... so much so that I had my wife pick up a couple more 30 packs at the IGA on sale. I'll likely switch back to my IPA's and Scotch Ales come fall and cool weather, but for now, this is darn good summer refreshment. Anyone else switch beers in summer vs. winter?
Where in the hell is NFR in the title. This is about drinking beer, ugh. Not fishing.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Nope.

And drinking Coors Light is like chastity, in that it's its own well deserved punishment.

Running low on Full Sail is a crime in my house. In MT however, there are plenty of satisfactory alternatives. Bozone Amber and Coldsmoke come to mind.
I'll never turn down a Full Sail, but I usually pass on Coors Light. I'll drink the regular Coors, since it has a bit of flavor. Bozone Amber sounds interesting. I have a pair of Oboz trail shoes. I could wear them to Bozeman, order a bunch of Bozone Ambers, and zone out like some bozo!:D

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Lately I've been buying Quilter's Irish Death, brewed at Iron Horse Brewery in Ellensburg. Its 7.8%, dark and smooth. I tried it out when I saw some on sale, and I liked it. It was still on sale here at one local outlet a couple of days ago, so I may go get some more.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
WFF Supporter
I always kid my Mom, a devout Catholic, that if it wasn't for Coors Light I probably would have been a priest.;)
Girls changed my mind, Dean:rolleyes:. There were a lot of years when Coors was the Holy Grail IF you could find it in Montana. I still prefer Coors Light, My SIL always has a keg of some kind of IPA from an independent local brewery in his kegerator & of course I'll have a beer or 2 with him 'cuz I'm such a courteous Dad, but it's a little heady for a lightweight. Occasionally I'll have a lemon shandy or some blueberry lager in the summer, but there are always Silver Bullets in the beer & soda fridge. I've never developed a taste for dark beer.

Theron

This is a bland, odorless awful beer. It has a slight piss yellow color with no aroma with a metallic, perfume taste that is at best revolting. This is one of the worst beers in the world. It is made for people who really don't like the taste of beer. I put it in the category of Sex-In-A-Sailboat-Beer. I.E. f__king near water. I would refuse this if offered.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
This is a bland, odorless awful beer. It has a slight piss yellow color with no aroma with a metallic, perfume taste that is at best revolting. This is one of the worst beers in the world. It is made for people who really don't like the taste of beer. I put it in the category of Sex-In-A-Sailboat-Beer. I.E. f__king near water. I would refuse this if offered.
I must be the exception then because I like it and a good many craft beers too. I actually find Heineken among one of the worst tasting beers... I think it may actually be piss.

Where in the hell is NFR in the title. This is about drinking beer, ugh. Not fishing.
Would it help that I sometimes throw a couple of Coors Light in the soft side cooler while doing floats?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts