Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Airflo beach line explained

10K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  Deceased 
#1 ·
As a dealer, I have the opportunity to cast and fish a huge variety of fly lines. I've got my favorite beach line as I'm sure all of you do. Some of you have a passion for the Airflo beach line that I have to confess, I didn't understand. After reading the back of the box, I think I finally do.
I have to ask: Has it been working for you guys or are you just hoping it will work?!?

#2 ·
Haven't fished it, but I'm a Airflo fan.
Though I caught a lot of fish on the old 40+ with a clear head, the floating running line had its draw backs. I think the same would go for the Beach Line.
Hopefully they'll have a full intermediate Beach Line in the future.
If so, I think it will be a winner but would need to fish it first.
SF

#18 ·
Aftr 16 yrs on WFF.com, I dont think any won wood evr acuse flifishers of bein gud spelrs.

Reactions: Big Tuna
#19 ·
Are there any follow up reviews of this line. I'm looking for a line that will throw long mono leaders with sparse weighted flies for coho striping and the like. The line must roll cast well, carry long mono leaders, and throw moderately weighted flies pleasurably. I'm also open to suggestions. Other lines I've used for this duty are the Titan, 40+, and wulff swt. I'm only concerned with the floater. I'm wanting to try this line or the floating streamer line from airflo. Abby comparisons or ideas will be most appreciated

#23 ·
I've been using an older air flo two handed Beach line it is not made anymore, I don't think. It is a great line for Two Handed over head casting when your roll out the head water haul to the rear and launch long distance. It does have the added benefit of an intermediate sink running line which I think keeps the line from picking up as much floating salad. I have a number of other airflow lines that I really enjoy.

Reactions: Deceased
#26 ·
Ed, Nick good thoughts. A little more about my usage. I've been converting ten foot single hand rods into mini two hand rods for years maybe even decades. I regard these rods as true switch rods in that I overhead cast them and Spey cast them with the same line. My favourite full line is the wulff SWT. I sometimes modify it but more often just right out of the box. This is an old proven taper and I'm just curious if there is something new. I use the 40+ for lighter work, summer steelhead flies and the like. Again this is a long leader job with a floater. It gets sticky though when one adds weight at the end of said long leader. Maybe the airflo streamer line is my ticket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.