Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seadek for clacka?

Boats 
3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  A.A. 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I just purchased my first drift boat. It is a 16' Clackacraft Eddy. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with that stuff called Seadek? I am looking for something to use in the bow and stern where the anglers are to protect the boat from any cleats or studs. Whatever I use I would like to look professional. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you!
-S

#2 ·
Hello All,

I just purchased my first drift boat. It is a 16' Clackacraft Eddy. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with that stuff called Seadek? I am looking for something to use in the bow and stern where the anglers are to protect the boat from any cleats or studs. Whatever I use I would like to look professional. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you!
-S
I just looked up Seadek. It's closed cell Eva foam. I would guess that stuff would get shredded pretty fast with cleats. I use horse stall mats. Good traction with studs, durable, and drain water because of the holes. May slide around a little, and are heavy. Best thing I've found so far. I'm still looking for something better though.

#4 ·
We have sea-dek on a boat where no shoes are allowed. No doubt it would shred with studs. We also have one set up with dri-dek. Dri-dek is durable, interlocking and raised so water easily drains and they also impressive customer service. I can not speak to their durability with cleats/studs but I would reach out to them and they will likely send you a sample for you to work over. https://www.dri-dek.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.