New Orvis Helios 3 is out.

I picked up a used H2 a few months ago and I love it. It is my first orvis rod and I was sort of suspicious of the orvis hype but I am really impressed. I'd give the H3 a try if I got the chance...but it will probably be awhile since I don't buy high-end rods new.

Richard E

I picked up a used H2 a few months ago and I love it. It is my first orvis rod and I was sort of suspicious of the orvis hype but I am really impressed. I'd give the H3 a try if I got the chance...but it will probably be awhile since I don't buy high-end rods new.
No Orvis hype; Orvis offers a very competitive lineup of rods up and down the price spectrum, from the Clearwater (very overlooked) to the Helios rods. Orvis rod designs have come a long way in the last 20 years...

longstick

Its all about standing out on a crowded Rod Rack or when a photo is taken in a boat and posted on social media. Everyone will know what it is.

Me too they are about 30 years old
I have 2 Orvis rods and I like them very much.
Me three. One of my favorite rods is a 9’3” (now 9’1.5”) 5wt Spring Creek. Can launch indicator and chironomid set up, and is a blast to fight fish on. I just got an older 9’ 5wt full flex Superfine Touch that I cant wait to try this spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk