WaterMaster Question

Limnos

Have any of you who own or owed a WaterMaster boat ever creatively modified the oar locks? The system it comes with sucks but I don't see any way around them. Thoughts?

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum
I don't like the pin-through-oar system system either but it seems to be the standard set up for small personal rafts/pontoons. Having the oars locked into one vertical position is bad enough, but to have to drill any new oars you buy to upgrade is a worse offense.

To take care of the second problem, I used the Pin Clips from NRS: https://www.nrs.com/product/1420/oar-pins-and-clips-sets.

Just clamp the clips onto your perferred oars, and slip the pin sleeves onto the raft's existing pins. The Clips than "clip" onto the sleeved oars. You can then adjust the placement of the oars by simply move the clamps/clip. The downside is the oars are still held in one specific orientation (though you can select the angle you want).

Limnos

I don't like the pin-through-oar system system either but it seems to be the standard set up for small personal rafts/pontoons. Having the oars locked into one vertical position is bad enough, but to have to drill any new oars you buy to upgrade is a worse offense.

To take care of the second problem, I used the Pin Clips from NRS: https://www.nrs.com/product/1420/oar-pins-and-clips-sets.

Just clamp the clips onto your perferred oars, and slip the pin sleeves onto the raft's existing pins. The Clips than "clip" onto the sleeved oars. You can then adjust the placement of the oars by simply move the clamps/clip. The downside is the oars are still held in one specific orientation (though you can select the angle you want).
Thanks! I'll give this one a go. Much appreciated

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I've never found the WM oarlocks to be a problem, other than the right side one squeaks occasionally. But I don't expect my WM to be everything that a 12 or 14' raft with separate rowing frame and standard oarlocks is.

Limnos

I've never found the WM oarlocks to be a problem, other than the right side one squeaks occasionally. But I don't expect my WM to be everything that a 12 or 14' raft with separate rowing frame and standard oarlocks is.
Mine won't stop squeaking. Both sides! Super annoying. Completely agree on your WM expectations. It's a good little boat for what it is but the oar system is completely wonky.

Tugs

Just Keep Fishing
Mine won't stop squeaking. Both sides! Super annoying. Completely agree on your WM expectations. It's a good little boat for what it is but the oar system is completely wonky.
I agree but considering I upgraded from a Cumberland float tube about 6 months, it's bearable.

Freestone

WFF Supporter
What things have you already tried to stop the squeaking?

Limnos

Nothing yet. Was going to wax the contact points up a bit next time i take it out. Any suggestions?

Gregg Lundgren

Now fishing on weekdays too!
Nothing yet. Was going to wax the contact points up a bit next time i take it out. Any suggestions?
I used pure silicone spray. Worked for me with no oily residue. I looked it up and found it was compatible with pvc and other plastics.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts