cool bonefish video

Mems

I saw this video on Keine's board and thought I would share. It is so much fun to catch bonefish. It is also very hard to get them to eat in Hawaii, as many of you have found out. Bahamas ans Christmas Island are my favorite places to catch hungry bonefish. Palmyra was the easiest place to get them that I have been. Those fish are hungry. Bonefish do get very educated and big ones don't get that way by being dumb. Hope you like the video, Mems.

Kfish

WFF Supporter
I fished the beach a bit this morning with my 8wt, last time I used it was in the Bahamas so yeah those fun memories came flooding back. Bonefish are so damn fun!

Joepa

Joe from PA
The first scene in that video very much reminds me of a spot I fished on Great Harbour Cay last November. Low tide, big tailing fish. Doesn't get much better than that!
Backcreekbone.JPG

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
Bonefish are a bucket list catch for me, and this video just reinforces how much I wanna fish for them!

Buzzy

That was a lot of fun to watch. Loved the bonefish the guy chased after to clear his line from the mangroves(?)

Mems

Love big bones, the ones in Hawaii are tough, but it makes it even more rewarding. I do love stalking them on the flats, it is my favorite fishing environment. Glad you guys liked the video, Mems.

Kfish

WFF Supporter
Family vacation at Aulani will be in March, think I'll get some shots for them around the resort?

Mems

I snorkeled at the disney resort, a couple of man made bays. Didn't see much life, a couple of small papios. I would go up to ko olina and feed the bones there. They actually eat bread on the top. I don't know if they will let you fish there, but they are cool to swim with. You should call Mike Hennessy and book a day with him. He can take you to triangle flat for same tailers. Good luck, Mems.

Kfish

WFF Supporter
I snorkeled at the disney resort, a couple of man made bays. Didn't see much life, a couple of small papios. I would go up to ko olina and feed the bones there. They actually eat bread on the top. I don't know if they will let you fish there, but they are cool to swim with. You should call Mike Hennessy and book a day with him. He can take you to triangle flat for same tailers. Good luck, Mems.
Thanks Mems!

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
WFF Supporter
I wish they would have focused on the sound of the reels versus that music, which really started to bug my ears.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts