NFR Official 2017 NCAA College Football Thread

Odd, no Bowl game for either Cal or OSU?
Wonder what is going on?
SF

Edit.....just read where they had offered the OSU job first to Jeff Tedford, but he declined.
The article made it sound like Baldwin may be a candidate for WSU if Leach hits the road.
WSU is a better job in my opinion and he is a Washington guy, so that might make sense.
Purely speculation on my part, but perhaps Baldwin’s representatives got wind of something regard WSU.
If Leach leaves maybe they should give the d coordinator a shot, he had that bunch playing pretty good till last Saturday.

If Leach leaves maybe they should give the d coordinator a shot, he had that bunch playing pretty good till last Saturday.
Atleast, if Leach leaves and EWU beats them in Pullman next season, they'll have a better excuse.

They should play that game in Spokane at Joe Albi, like the old days. I saw Mark Harmon QB UCLA over WSU at Joe Albi way back in the early 70's

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Grinch had their d playing well, but I’d still rather have a guy that has some head coaching experience.

I do think Grinch will get a shot at being a head coach in the future.
SF

Well here's a nugget-Herm Edwards interviews for the ASU coaching job! For anyone that pays even casual attention to ESPN analyst (and I don't) this should be wonderful news. To have such an arrogant opinionated bloviate and his dour demeanor off the air seems almost too good to be true.

And it probably is too good to be true given Edwards miserable record as a head coach. His coaching has been almost as bad as his commentary. ASU needs a good young coach that can grow into the job, not a a caustic curmudgeon that is a legend in his own mind. This sounds more like an April Fools joke than reality.

Well here's a nugget-Herm Edwards interviews for the ASU coaching job! For anyone that pays even casual attention to ESPN analyst (and I don't) this should be wonderful news. To have such an arrogant opinionated bloviate and his dour demeanor off the air seems almost too good to be true.

And it probably is too good to be true given Edwards miserable record as a head coach. His coaching has been almost as bad as his commentary. ASU needs a good young coach that can grow into the job, not a a caustic curmudgeon that is a legend in his own mind. This sounds more like an April Fools joke than reality.
Herm Edwards is Lavar Ball-like, straight up nuts ! He is the kind of guy that you would like to stick your helmet between his numbers, dunk on, or blast in the 100 meters.
He is cocky, and no doubt would bury me if I took the field against him..or track..or court.., but would bring out the best competitor in others.

Might be the kind of guy to get his players to run through a wall for him, don't know. Might be too much for green 18 and 19 year olds he'd coach in college. His NFL coaching was questionable.

That said, he would probably be a good teammate :)

Last edited:

nb_ken

Herm Edwards is awesome.

For ASU.

Go Dawgs!
That was my first thought too. But the Pac-12 has to get good again. It needs 6 or 8 top-25 teams every year to stand out nationally. Nobody on the east coast is paying attention to the Pac-12 right now. And the best way to make them pay attention is to show that conference wins are quality wins and even conference losses are to be respected.

Sounds like a coaching job in the SEC is a tough sell any more. Bring the best coaches here. Dawgs will step up.

The man won a Final Four bracket pool. She hung him out to dry. He was a decent coach.

In four seasons with the Huskies, Neuheisel had a 33-16 record,
including a Rose Bowl victory in 2001 and a No. 3 national ranking.
He was 33-14 at Colorado, his first head coaching job, from
1995-98.

Latest posts