NFR Official 2017 NCAA College Football Thread

IveofIone

I'm thinking Leach and his red MAGA hat would be more at home in one of those redneck states than he is in redneck eastern Washington. He had a real sweet financial deal at WSU but that was what-6 years ago? Head coaching jobs have gone up by about 2 mil since then and a team desperate to win will happily give him a huge raise. It's all about the money, folks.

GAT

Dumbfounded
The guy always wanted to be a coach because he knew he was too small to play in the NFL. I figure it this way, the Beav fans will like him because he was a star quarterback for OSU and honestly, he can't do much worse coaching the team then the results we've seen over the last three years. ... especially this year.

As long as he doesn't pull up stakes and quit the team halfway through the year as did the coach before him, he might be okay.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
I'm thinking Leach and his red MAGA hat would be more at home in one of those redneck states than he is in redneck eastern Washington. He had a real sweet financial deal at WSU but that was what-6 years ago? Head coaching jobs have gone up by about 2 mil since then and a team desperate to win will happily give him a huge raise. It's all about the money, folks.
Read that Leach was unhappy with negotiations with WSU on contract revision or extension and went to LA for the interview with Tennessee, supposedly undercover..but it was leaked....
(shocking...)

Might have just been for contract leverage with WSU, who knows.

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
I agree. Seems like a shitty fit - like Mike Price and Alabama. Those Bama guys did a number on Price - who I like.
Roll Tide
Price ran a very loose ship at WSU..Ryan Leaf among others, and I think he got himself in trouble aplenty himself with his idiotic "stripper/hooker-gate"..

Now, Alabama may have played a role..and had many outs put in contract he signed, not sure, but Price seemed to be at fault.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
I'm sure he is. That's some pretty good $$$ these days. The dude is a weasel though. The Cougs will have a difficult time hiring the right guy I'm afraid
Back to Beau Baldwin. If Leach leaves, Baldwin has to to be a high choice, but like Stonefish said before, the Paul Wulff experience was a sour one.

Price ran a very loose ship at WSU..Leaf among others, and I think he got himself in trouble aplenty himself with his idiotic "stripper/hooker-gate"..
Now, Alabama may have played a role..not sure, but Price seemed to be at fault.
I think some influential boosters set him up.
Yes - Paul Wulff was a bad scene

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
I think some influential boosters set him up.
Yes - Paul Wulff was a bad scene
It would not surprise me. I mean, was he REALLY that dumb?? Maybe he was, maybe not. Get's lonely on the Palouse..

I think Paul Wulff was just Paul Wulff, Baldwin seems to be a cut above that guy, but, who isn't?

I lean UW for sure, but I think Leach is hilarious, and a pretty good coach. He does some really odd things at times that do not work out, but he is fun to listen to, no doubt.
Hope he stays.

Latest posts