FS custom rods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to sell several of my custom/homemade rods, but have no provenance for them - one was bought for a Winston BIIt and one for a cts affinity - are these worthless without proof of what they are? I wish everyone would be like Sage and mark their blanks.

MotoBoat

First, if a rod blank is marked by the manufacturer, sold as a blank, resale value for a custom built rod is significantly lower than a factory rod. Does not matter much if built by amateur or skilled rod builder, because quality is the unknown of a non factory built rod. Components can be better or worse quality than factory. Rod thread wrap color can be very undesirable, epoxy application can be full of bubbles and overly applied to perfectly applied......ect. This is best case scenario for value. Generally, $100 give or take.

If a rod blank has no markings to indicate manufacturer or model name = Same as above. Plus: who made it? could be a blem rod. No manufacturer warrantee. To many variables, to much work to figure out model and manufacturer. These rods have less value than above scenario.

Both scenarios value is totally dependent on what someone would pay, based on rod knowledge and what can be determined.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
WFF Supporter
I would like to sell several of my custom/homemade rods, but have no provenance for them - one was bought for a Winston BIIt and one for a cts affinity - are these worthless without proof of what they are? I wish everyone would be like Sage and mark their blanks.
Give us some pictures, and name a price you think might be a bit to steep. You'll find out soon enough what the value is. Good luck.

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
Did you keep the receipts? If specified manufacture, should be proof enough, but price will depend on quality of finishing the rods. Pictures will help.

Thanks for the suggestions - I bought the finished rods, so have no receipts,etc. But will post pics when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts