NFR Any musicians out there?

Mingo

the Menehune stole my beer
This is a cool thread. Amazing what some have done and are doing musically. OK I'll jump in....I was in a hard rock band in the late 80s / early 90s. We played melodic hard rock with lots of dual guitar solos and 3/4/5 part vocal harmonies. We had three songs in regular rotation on the old Z Rock AM. John Donovan loved our stuff. We played the Central Tavern, Ballard Firehouse, Farside, Pier 70 on Hard & Heavy Wednesdays, etc. We headlined the Bite of Seattle Mural stage in 90. I was a guitarist and songwriter in the band, called San Prova. We played quite a few local gigs with bands that made it big, like Mother Love Bone and Alice In Chains. They became huge, I went to work. But those guys were very cool to us. It was a supportive environment in Seattle back then. Here is early evidence of my O face in action during a solo......
zzzmingo2.jpg
here we are on the Mural Amphitheater stage during the Bite in 90...KISW wanted to pull the plug on us because we kept thanking ZRock for the airplay LMAO......
zzzmingo1.jpg

I'm slowly getting back into playing a bit after a long 20 year layoff, where I would just play an acoustic for my late wife for a couple minutes before grabbing a flyrod or doing something else with her. Playing guitar again has been a godsend and has been a welcome part of my grief recovery.

I just treated myself to a Paul Reed Smith for my birthday...

MingoPRS.jpg

and I like to grab a Strat and mess around in my office from time to time.

mingo5.jpg
Genetics and time have been cruel to my hairline, but if you heard the stuff I listen to when I drive you'd swear I was 25.

Great thread!

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
The Hair Gods have smiled on you, Skip! Me, not so much, although they did deign to shade what I can still propagate to a whimsical "possum blonde" (a.k.a. also cruelly referred-to as "white" lol.).

Attachments

• Me.JPG
    Me.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 35

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
new vinyl is expensive...thinking of the original Music Millenium in Portland, OR . after hearing import music on Lights Out! (Kink-pablem today) in 1969-72...I was buying lps mainly imports for $3.50-$4...and now run of the mill classic domestic are $25 and those rarer smaller euro press runs of old stuff are $35 to $50...Eff that! I am an inveterate "let my fingers do the walking in record bins...Ha!

Mingo

new vinyl is expensive...thinking of the original Music Millenium in Portland, OR . after hearing import music on Lights Out! (Kink-pablem today) in 1969-72...I was buying lps mainly imports for $3.50-$4...and now run of the mill classic domestic are $25 and those rarer smaller euro press runs of old stuff are $35 to $50...Eff that! I am an inveterate "let my fingers do the walking in record bins...Ha!

the Millenium on Burnside? My old stomping grounds.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Yes in deed they used to have a little "wind rturbine on the roof to power the in store turnntable and stereo , Forget an original founders name...but he was also a hog head...so I could always go and see if there were any imported Groundhogs lps I did not have...

A.A.

This is a cool thread. Amazing what some have done and are doing musically. OK I'll jump in....I was in a hard rock band in the late 80s / early 90s. We played melodic hard rock with lots of dual guitar solos and 3/4/5 part vocal harmonies. We had three songs in regular rotation on the old Z Rock AM. John Donovan loved our stuff. We played the Central Tavern, Ballard Firehouse, Farside, Pier 70 on Hard & Heavy Wednesdays, etc. We headlined the Bite of Seattle Mural stage in 90. I was a guitarist and songwriter in the band, called San Prova. We played quite a few local gigs with bands that made it big, like Mother Love Bone and Alice In Chains. They became huge, I went to work. But those guys were very cool to us. It was a supportive environment in Seattle back then. Here is early evidence of my O face in action during a solo......
View attachment 149157
here we are on the Mural Amphitheater stage during the Bite in 90...KISW wanted to pull the plug on us because we kept thanking ZRock for the airplay LMAO......
View attachment 149158

I'm slowly getting back into playing a bit after a long 20 year layoff, where I would just play an acoustic for my late wife for a couple minutes before grabbing a flyrod or doing something else with her. Playing guitar again has been a godsend and has been a welcome part of my grief recovery.

I just treated myself to a Paul Reed Smith for my birthday...

View attachment 149159

and I like to grab a Strat and mess around in my office from time to time.

View attachment 149160
Genetics and time have been cruel to my hairline, but if you heard the stuff I listen to when I drive you'd swear I was 25.

Great thread!

I love it! The O face while shredding on that Jackson is so classic! Just awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Ps: the Strat and PRS are beauties!

Robert Engleheart

Robert
WFF Supporter
Mine as well. I went out with a young lady who was live-in nanny to one of the owners baby; he (can't recall his name) was a single dad, not common in the 70's.
Mingo, you know Scotty Olson? Bass player with Heart and later did work with (recording and production) Alice and other groups of that era?

Mingo

Mine as well. I went out with a young lady who was live-in nanny to one of the owners baby; he (can't recall his name) was a single dad, not common in the 70's.
Mingo, you know Scotty Olson? Bass player with Heart and later did work with (recording and production) Alice and other groups of that era?

I went to Central and grew up a few blocks from Laurelhurst Park. I used to fish in that pond all the time when I was little. we'd pop into MM on the way home from school all the time after football practice. Scotty sounds really familiar. I think I did meet him once at London Bridge. I've met Roger Fisher several times but he's everywhere...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts