NFR Any musicians out there?

A.A.

Well, you guys inspired me. Finally got around to uploading a bunch of my original tunes. Been meaning to do this for years. A couple made in the last few months, others dating back to 1996. Mostly instrumental, a few with vocals. I don't have a great voice, but it's not like I'm selling this stuff. Definitely rough around the edges. Guitar and bass are my forte. Been trying to improve my drumming over the last few years. Lots of variety in there. Mostly noisy guitars so it may not be your thing. But click around and you'll find some more mellow stuff. Enjoy!

Go to https://www.reverbnation.com and search Battle Unicorn! You'll see my accompanying sketch...
image.jpeg

DanielOcean

It has been three years since I have plugged a guitar in. Life has been crazy since then. I think it is time to buy a guitar again. Gonna be expensive.

A.A.

It has been three years since I have plugged a guitar in. Life has been crazy since then. I think it is time to buy a guitar again. Gonna be expensive.
Buy used! I would definitely buy a good quality used guitar over a similar priced new guitar. 50% of the new price is a great target for a used instrument. And good guitars are built to last. One of my guitars is 55 years old and is every bit as good as a new instrument.

DanielOcean

Buy used! I would definitely buy a good quality used guitar over a similar priced new guitar. 50% of the new price is a great target for a used instrument. And good guitars are built to last. One of my guitars is 55 years old and is every bit as good as a new instrument.
Yeah i agree. There is no point buying new when i pull the pickups out. Fender does not make a guitar to my specs

smc

This is a cool thread. Amazing what some have done and are doing musically. OK I'll jump in....I was in a hard rock band in the late 80s / early 90s. We played melodic hard rock with lots of dual guitar solos and 3/4/5 part vocal harmonies. We had three songs in regular rotation on the old Z Rock AM. John Donovan loved our stuff. We played the Central Tavern, Ballard Firehouse, Farside, Pier 70 on Hard & Heavy Wednesdays, etc. We headlined the Bite of Seattle Mural stage in 90. I was a guitarist and songwriter in the band, called San Prova. We played quite a few local gigs with bands that made it big, like Mother Love Bone and Alice In Chains. They became huge, I went to work. But those guys were very cool to us. It was a supportive environment in Seattle back then. Here is early evidence of my O face in action during a solo......
View attachment 149157
here we are on the Mural Amphitheater stage during the Bite in 90...KISW wanted to pull the plug on us because we kept thanking ZRock for the airplay LMAO......
View attachment 149158

I'm slowly getting back into playing a bit after a long 20 year layoff, where I would just play an acoustic for my late wife for a couple minutes before grabbing a flyrod or doing something else with her. Playing guitar again has been a godsend and has been a welcome part of my grief recovery.

I just treated myself to a Paul Reed Smith for my birthday...

View attachment 149159

and I like to grab a Strat and mess around in my office from time to time.

View attachment 149160
Genetics and time have been cruel to my hairline, but if you heard the stuff I listen to when I drive you'd swear I was 25.

Great thread!
Really glad you're playing again Mingo! Love your PRS & really cool Strat. I guess I'll post some pics of my babys...

smc

My Band.... both drummers, go figure. What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend? Homeless. What do you say to a drummer in a 3 piece suit? Will the defendant please rise...
band.jpg
My Bozeman SJ200...
gibsonsj.jpg
My Traphagen (Dake is a world class luthier in B'Ham). Got to go through his stash of amazing woods to pick what went into this instrument.
trap.jpg
Custom Santa Cruz
sc.jpg
Les Paul...
lp.jpg

Taylor 12
taylor12.jpg

Fodera...
fodera.jpg
Some people collect fly rods. I like fly instruments.

Last edited:

creekx

Director of Stoke
Great stuff guys! My gear is much more modest. Have an 80's Kramer that I had not played much in years, until I bought this Line 6 Amplifi TT. Sounds pretty sweet playing through the home theater receiver. A lot of fun. Operate it from my iPhone. The tones from the cloud are hit-and-miss, but at least I can jam without being yelled at. The Peavey tube amp is just too loud - if you want a good sound with tubes you have to crank them to 11!
61gMyEE17EL._SY355_.jpg

The old Kramer has a nice action, but does not have the locking nut on the Floyd Rose because I was a broke college student when I bought it. So if you over-whammy it goes out of tune pretty easily...

I really became a better musician and guitar player when I purchased my first acoustic - an Ovation in the early 90's. Still have it too, but have played my Takamine almost exclusively for 20+ years. Never been in a formal performance band, but come from a musical family. When we get together it's loud with laughter and music.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
What's the difference between a working musician and a large pizza... ?

The pizza can feed a family.

I've got a PRS CE-24....like all old white guys do.....but don't play much, and when I do, I'm still not very good.
:)

smc

Why bury guitar players 6 feet under? Because deep down they're really nice people...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts