FS Mark Your Calendars! Giant Fly Tying Garage Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
On Saturday September 9th and 10th, there will be a massive fly tying garage sale in West Seattle. Capes, saddles, hooks, threads, marabou, hides, rabbit, pheasant, peacock, tinsel, flash, two Nor-Vises, a Regal vice (no tools), a couple of Lamiglass Fly Rods, a couple of thousand flies and much more.

I'm organizing this to help out the family of a former commercial tier. He past away recently and they had no idea what they had. The garage sale will be the first step in clearing out the massive inventory this man collected over the years. I've done my best to price things out to be reasonable, without also ripping the family off. If you show and you think I've priced something wrong (low or high) please let me know and we can adjust from there. After the garage sale, I will be lotting things out and selling what is left over or donating based on the families wants.

I have some pictures which I will upload later.

Richard E

On Saturday September 9th and 10th, there will be a massive fly tying garage sale in West Seattle. Capes, saddles, hooks, threads, marabou, hides, rabbit, pheasant, peacock, tinsel, flash, two Nor-Vises, a Regal vice (no tools), a couple of Lamiglass Fly Rods, a couple of thousand flies and much more.

I'm organizing this to help out the family of a former commercial tier. He past away recently and they had no idea what they had. The garage sale will be the first step in clearing out the massive inventory this man collected over the years. I've done my best to price things out to be reasonable, without also ripping the family off. If you show and you think I've priced something wrong (low or high) please let me know and we can adjust from there. After the garage sale, I will be lotting things out and selling what is left over or donating based on the families wants.

I have some pictures which I will upload later.
Ira, good for you. I did this years ago for a widow of a former Kaufmann's employee who had accumulated a ton of stuff. It was a lot of work.

scifidelity

Good on you. Let us know details (address and time window) and I'll be there to support this good cause and my habit!

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Any online offering to those out of state? [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
2nd for online buying

Online buying will happen after the garage sale.

I assume you will post an address as soon as is appropriate?
Good on you. Let us know details (address and time window) and I'll be there to support this good cause and my habit!
I wanted to maintain the privacy of the family that is why I kept it to a general location of West Seattle. I'll post an address on Saturday or Sunday.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
I forgot to mention that there will also be many books as well guys and for those of you who also gear fish, there will be massive amounts of bass lures, hot shots, lure making equipment and other miscellaneous materials.

bart morrow

This is the what came of that meeting...? Good on you man for helping em out! Ill see if I can talk the kids into taking a ride up north to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.