WFF Blackstonefly & Mike Melfa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member
Courtesy heads up to anyone selling or buying with @Blackstonefly or @Mike Melfa . They are father/son. They use the same email / paypal address for processing payments when using these classifieds.

Blackstone sold a Sage 1 to one of you guys. He got the money but never sent the rod or provided a tracking number. Blackstone has sent a message or two through Sr, but nothing directly since shipping. Was hoping it was a shipping mix up but he won't provide a tracking number or communicate any further so...

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:

Richard E

Blackstone sold a Sage 1 to one of you guys. He got the money but never sent the rod or provided a tracking number. Good old dad is set on running interference between us and Jr so you Mike, you can fuck off as well.

201-759-9789 paypal [email protected]

Call and leave a message if you like.

Thanks,
Chris
I don't get it...

I had everal transactions, with both son and dad, both as a buyer and a seller, and in all instances they were standup guys and items went out SUPER FAST.

I sold a rod to Mike Melfa on August 11th. He paid and I didn't have any issues with him. Can't the buyer ask PayPal to step in to get his/her money back if the rod was never delivered?

I am sure it was a shipping mix up. Some times people have the wrong shipping address on pay pal. Or rod was lost in the mail.

The only thing I can add to this is that I had provided the address to Mike Melfa Jr on July 30th, paid through Paypal "friends and family" at HIS request on the following day, and was promised the rod would be shipped immediately with tracking number.

No rod, no tracking number, and no response from Mike Jr. to date.

I have called, emailed, PM'd, and have never had any response other than through Mike Sr. Mike Sr's response is that it is my issue as I use a shipping address in the US, and that they have lost the rod.

With no tracking information, I cannot blame the receiver for losing the package. For the record, I have used them for 6 years, and the only issues I have ever had was by the shipping company not the receiver.

I asked Chris to see if he could get through, but his experiences are the same as mine. No reponse from Mike Jr.

Simple solution to this would be for Mike Jr. to step up and contact me with the tracking number. As it is his responsibility, as the shipper, to deal with lost goods in transit. Or he can " in good faith" refund my money, and if the rod does eventually show up, I'll happily pay him for it.

July 30th...hmmm, uh yeah, I'd guess you are never going to see the rod. A tracking number is a MUST when doing any deal. Without one, the shipper has nowhere to start looking. Was this USPS, FedEx of UPS?

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
July 30th...hmmm, uh yeah, I'd guess you are never going to see the rod. A tracking number is a MUST when doing any deal. Without one, the shipper has nowhere to start looking. Was this USPS, FedEx of UPS?
Lack of tracking # indicates USPS, although lost package means my money is on UPS.

Priority mail usually take 2 or 3 days. 4 or 5 at MOST and that's only when it gets sent to the wrong PO and has to get re routed.

I see that he is banned. Maybe he'd post on here if he wasn't.

When I mail something I allways insure it. I put tracking number on pay pal. I email tracking number to buyer and I allways keep the receipt of tracking number from the post office. Never lost one yet.

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member
I see that he is banned. Maybe he'd post on here if he wasn't.
Blackstonefly was last seen: Aug 23, 2017. Don't worry about my approach getting in the way of communication. The ban reason for him that I've set includes my reason, what I'm asking for, my name and my number.

I've shut Sr down for the moment until this is settled. From my perspective... And regardless of your past with these fella's, unless you know them personally (*) I have a couple of issues. They have been sharing (1) the same computer, (2) the same paypal account and (3) have each given the same cell as their phone number. They are likely in fact father / son, but any admin is going to red flag on that. And any admin knowing they share those things aren't going to give them the benefit of the doubt, and might even cop an attitude in return, when a long discussion with one can't yield any directly communication with the other.

My bullshit filter is full.

Chris

(*) If so, I'll back off Sr entirely.

<edit>

Well shit....
Mike tried to post but he was banned and can't get on. He should be able to respond. I know mike well. He is 72 and if he said it was shipped it was. I was suggest you give mike a call.
I called, I left a number.

@SMSNYDER, I'll let Sr back on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts