WFF Blackstonefly & Mike Melfa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member
@SMSNYDER Okay, Sr is a good guy and this sucks for him and yeah I get it. You've got Mike's six and it sounds like he's good people and deserves that. I'm just trying to get communication established between MikeyP & Jr but it sounds like your pretty tight with them so can I ask you to assist with that so I can move on?

Philonius

I know of at least one other forum that prohibits members from conducting paypal transactions on a Friend/Family basis for this very reason. It's the old "bad apple" effect.

From what I understand the guy who bought this rod was from Alberta Canada. He requested the rod to be shipped to a company in the US were it was suppose to picked up by another company to Canada. It was not shipped to the guys address in Canada.. I guess he was trying to avoid Canada taxes. The rod was shipped I know mike. He usually keeps the tracking number receipt but lost it when he was moving into a new house.

This is like a teenage girl sewing circle.......

Have Mike Jr. call MikeyP and we can all go back to our lives. Damn!

This isn't 1952. Comms are instantaneous. Mike Jr. comes across as a weasel for not reaching out to MikeyP directly and eliciting all this BS. Be a man and call him!

From what I understand the guy who bought this rod was from Alberta Canada. He requested the rod to be shipped to a company in the US were it was suppose to picked up by another company to Canada. It was not shipped to the guys address in Canada.. I guess he was trying to avoid Canada taxes. The rod was shipped I know mike. He usually keeps the tracking number receipt but lost it when he was moving into a new house.

Completely false...

I live in British Columbia, the rod was shipped to a US address as it is easier and cheaper for the US seller to do so, and was agreed upon by the seller.

I live 1hr from the US border and have to claim any items I bring into Canada as I am a NEXUS user and must declare everything I have when crossing.

The shipping address I use is a father/daughter enterprise I and many of my friends have been using for years that has never "lost" a package. They also do not provide freight forwarding services and operate by donation. I have followed up with them and have picked up packages from other sellers on this board that arrived which were purchased around the same time.

I have many PM's from Mike Sr. alluding to the fact that Mike Jr. had lost the tracking information in the move and he was only in sporadic contact with His son, and that my shipping address was to blame, but no tracking number has ever been provided.

To date no contact from Mike Jr.

I am happy to hear from him regarding this issue. If there were any wrongdoing on my end of the transaction I'm all ears, but i take offence to you trying to make my end of the transaction appear shady.

We agreed on a price, I sent the money and shipping info, he promised a tracking number once payment was made, but no tracking info was provided, and no rod received.

Those are the simple facts.

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just trying to get communication established between MikeyP & Jr... ...can I ask you to assist with that...
yes , he shipped the rod to the address the person provided. I know mike well. It was shipped
May be the rod is sitting at the shipping company address were he told Mike to send it to.
I asked for communication between @Blackstonefly & @MikeyP. You replied with some @Mike Melfa quotes and personal support.

You also confirmed it was @Mike Melfa that sold / shipped the rod, regardless if he was using a shill account when he orig sold it.

Last edited:
I have mailed a few things to the Great Dominion of Canada with no issues. I always put a low monetary value on the declaration form, and there's been no issues with taxes on the recipient's end. It takes about a week to ten days. Why all the cloak and dagger stuff?

I have mailed a few things to the Great Dominion of Canada with no issues. I always put a low monetary value on the declaration form, and there's been no issues with taxes on the recipient's end. It takes about a week to ten days. Why all the cloak and dagger stuff?
Expediency and cost.

Coho season is upon us, and I assume the seller wanted to insure the item in case of loss. Counterintuitive with low declaration value.

No cloak and dagger, but rather a quicker and easier way to sell and ship things when the CDN party is close to the border.

I've been doing this for years with no issues until now. That said, I've always been provided with a tracking number.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
No cloak and dagger. I bet there is almost no one on here who has dealt with more packages going international (personal and business), hell just shipping in general.

For years there has been a lot of border towns that accept deliveries to expedite shipping. Decreases price and time in transit. Have a few customers who do this on the regular.

I've read through the entire thread.

It is the Seller's responsibility to ship the rod and provide a tracking number to the Buyer. The tracking number is essential to determine whether the rod was shipped by the Seller and whether it was delivered to the Buyer's shipping address.

If the merchandise was never received at the Buyer's shipping address and (as has been repeatedly stated by friends of the Seller) if the Seller accidently lost the receipt & doesn't know the tracking nbr, the Seller is at fault.

The Seller should contact the Buyer, explain the unintentional snafu, and reimburse the purchase funds to the Buyer.

Losing the receipt with the tracking nbr is an error that could happen to anyone, but it is still the Seller's responsibility. Without the tracking number, the Seller has no proof he shipped the rod.

Btw, the shipping vendor (usps, fedex, ups) probably has all that info in their computer system. Even the u.s.p.s. tracks parcels by shipping address, date, and origination point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts