Two upcoming deer hair demos

Shawn West

I will be doing a couple of deer hair tying demos in the near future.

The first one will be on September 16th at Royal Treatment Fly Fishing in West Linn.
The address is: 21570 Willamette Drive
West Linn, OR 97068
(503) 850-4397
I will be tying from 11:00 - 2:00 (or later if there is interest)

The second demo will be September 23th at Black Heron Fly Fishing in Longview.
The address is: 105 Debbie Street
Longview, WA 98633
(360) 575-3970
I will be tying from 11:00 - 300 (or later if there is interest)
There will be hamburgers and other goodies served.

Regards

Shawn

Last edited:

FinLuver

Shawn
Joel's newsletter has ya down for the 16th...

from the newsletter...
Coming up...
Shawn West slides behind the vise next week and makes a mess with his exquisite Deer Hair Bass Bugs, while Michole Jenson shares the ins and outs of kayak fly fishing in a very special presentation in the Green Butt Skunk Theater. The fun starts at 10 on Saturday, September 16th.
Maybe you want to be a Rockstar too! We are always looking for tyers or special presentations. If you are interested, contact me.
Check the Calendar of Events for all upcoming Tyer's and Presentations.

Shawn West

Shawn
Joel's newsletter has ya down for the 16th...

from the newsletter...
Coming up...
Shawn West slides behind the vise next week and makes a mess with his exquisite Deer Hair Bass Bugs, while Michole Jenson shares the ins and outs of kayak fly fishing in a very special presentation in the Green Butt Skunk Theater. The fun starts at 10 on Saturday, September 16th.
Maybe you want to be a Rockstar too! We are always looking for tyers or special presentations. If you are interested, contact me.
Check the Calendar of Events for all upcoming Tyer's and Presentations.
I have no idea what planet I was on when I originally wrote this. Thanks for the correction Fin. I edited my original post.

Regards

Shawn

Shawn West

The demo at Royal Treatment Fly Fishing went well. The first fly I tied ended up being the most complex. A young lady wanted a hair bug in pink, purple, and turquoise. Unfortunately for me, I have no turquoise deer hair in stock. We compromised, I blended fl blue with chartreuse deer hair. The result was visually pleasing.

full

The attendance for the event was a little low, but that is fine with me. It gives me a chance to help resolve deer hair spinning/stacking issues that some folks were hoping I could address for them.

I will be tying at Black Heron Fly Fishing this upcoming Saturday. If you are considering attending, could you please let John know. He will be serving burgers, and would like to know how much hamburger to purchase prior to the event.

Regards

Shawn

Shawn West

I ended up tying flies for about seven hours at Black Heron Fly Fishing on Saturday. There were not a lot of attendees, but there was a lot of laughter. The weather cooperated and the burgers were tasty. The odd thing was that I did not take any photos. Hopefully everyone that attended walked away with a fly. I hope there are many more demos on the horizon.

Regards

Shawn

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts