Aug/Sept wildfire smoke comparison

River Pig

Deleted political commentary.
You almost got me this time WFF... This is why I stay out of the conservation forum. Cool images though.

Billy McFly

Sorry guys - I was just clownin around in reference to blaming de Prez. No more politics from me i promise. very sensitive topic these days.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Surprisingly, I sat at my scroll saw in the driveway most of the morning yesterday cutting-out things Katie wants for the nursery but felt no ill-effects from the pall of smoke hanging over/on/in/around the Tri Cities. I do have the sensation that I"m living inside of a Traeger though . . .

suckegg

Reactions: AKW

Yard Sale

Huge Member
IMG_4026.JPG It's about time they reel in those free spending nancies. #draintheswamp

Living 15 miles downwind of what is now the nations highest priority fire I really hope we can move those funds to what we really need, more Trump visits to Mar A Lago!

Billy McFly

1504292510-20170901120150PDT.jpg

Ross Lake from the Ross Lake Dam (9/1)

current.jpg

Today.

Last edited:

FinLuver

View attachment 149741 It's about time they reel in those free spending nancies. #draintheswamp

Living 15 miles downwind of what is now the nations highest priority fire I really hope we can move those funds to what we really need, more Trump visits to Mar A Lago!
Hmmm...I have got that same photo of the local PDX boys/girls...however, the skies were "a bit clearer".
Winds must have changed...or the great PS was utilized.

slow_floccer

Seems like we have more beetle damaged trees than ever. Certainly more than I've seen in the last 40 years in the NW. What causes that?
Fungus ceratocystis minor that the beetles carry. Beetles thrive on (drought-, density-) stressed trees, and carry the fungus, which, once germinated, blocks the conductive vessels of the inner bark and sapwood and kills them.

https://www.barkbeetles.org/western/WPBFIDL1.htm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts