World to End September 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbmcc

I know people who believe in the predictions and associated raptures for the end of the world. They are distraught and very depressed when the predicted dates expire. The announcements are all too common. I don't know how they separate a true prediction from a false one.

One disturbing realization is that many people believing in the nearness of the end are less inclined to care about protecting God's gifts to them. The expression most common is: "the world will end, so why try to fix it?" I have heard that statement repeatedly my whole life. It's a malaise that creeps into these forum discussions.

Besides awaiting the Rapture, many Christians directly relate their views to "fake news, fake science or scientists are anti-God, and capitalism is God's ideal for society. The list goes on and is all too familiar now. I don't believe "alternative facts" is included; rather is a copy-cat. Religious ethics are really too convoluted, so I will hold to a direct relationship of the End opposed to Correcting Environmental Destruction. We are responsible for our actions.

Responsible to worldly actions is just not convenient to some person who "knows the earth was created in 6 [human-earth] days", and scientific discovery ended in two books created two thousand years ago. The term for this belief, and much of the post-truth jargon we are exposed to is Evangelical Christianity. The belief means an Evangelical Christian cannot sin. Therefore they are doing God's will, be it killing all salmon, or resigning Flint Michigan to a bedbug epidemic because the expense (200 fishing rods?) is ludicrous.

I post the following article as a reminder that no, the end is not in one week. Therefore I continue to fight to correct the careless destruction ill informed Christians and others' cause.

The folks behind the prediction may, or not, be related to evangelicals. It's not important to this post.

Biblical prophecy claims the world will end on Sept 23 Christian numerologists claim

upload_2017-9-16_19-53-38.png (DonkeyHotey/Flickr)

·

POSTED: SEP 16 2017 08:09AM CDT

UPDATED: SEP 16 2017 10:27AM CDT

(FoxNews.com) - Christian numerologists claim that the world will end on Sept. 23, 2017 as they believe a planet will collide with Earth.

According to Christian numerologist David Meade, verses in Luke 21: 25 to 26 is the sign that recent events, such as the recent solar eclipse and Hurricane Harvey, are signs of the apocalypse.

The verses read:

“25: There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

"'26: Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.'

Sept. 23 is a date that was pinpointed using codes from the Bible, as well as a "date marker" in the pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

Meade has built his theory, which is viewed with a widely skeptical lens, on the so-called Planet X, which is also known as Nibiru, which he believes will pass Earth on Sept. 23, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes, according to British newspaper The Sun.

NASA has repeatedly said Planet X is a hoax.

Revelation 12:1–2, is supposed to be the start of the Rapture and second coming of Christ, which is also being mentioned heavily by Christian conspiracy theorists.

The passage reads: "And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth."

In the passage, the woman is Virgo. On Sept. 23, both the Sun and the Moon will be in Virgo, as will the planet Jupiter. However, this occurence happens naturally once every 12 years. There is also a rare alignment, known as "the Lion of the tribe of Judah," which the conspiracy theorists are hanging their hats on.

According to the Express, author Jonathan Sarfati wrote that the same planetary coincidence previously happened four times in the last millennium.

"As usual with any astrology (or Christian adaptations of it), one cherry-picks the stars that fit the desired conclusion," Sarfati wrote, according to the Express. "There is nothing to suggest that 23 September is a momentous date for biblical prophecy, and Christians need to be careful about being drawn into such sensationalist claims."

Rob Allen

I know people who believe in the predictions and associated raptures for the end of the world. They are distraught and very depressed when the predicted dates expire. The announcements are all too common. I don't know how they separate a true prediction from a false one.

One disturbing realization is that many people believing in the nearness of the end are less inclined to care about protecting God's gifts to them. The expression most common is: "the world will end, so why try to fix it?" I have heard that statement repeatedly my whole life. It's a malaise that creeps into these forum discussions.

Besides awaiting the Rapture, many Christians directly relate their views to "fake news, fake science or scientists are anti-God, and capitalism is God's ideal for society. The list goes on and is all too familiar now. I don't believe "alternative facts" is included; rather is a copy-cat. Religious ethics are really too convoluted, so I will hold to a direct relationship of the End opposed to Correcting Environmental Destruction. We are responsible for our actions.

Responsible to worldly actions is just not convenient to some person who "knows the earth was created in 6 [human-earth] days", and scientific discovery ended in two books created two thousand years ago. The term for this belief, and much of the post-truth jargon we are exposed to is Evangelical Christianity. The belief means an Evangelical Christian cannot sin. Therefore they are doing God's will, be it killing all salmon, or resigning Flint Michigan to a bedbug epidemic because the expense (200 fishing rods?) is ludicrous.

I post the following article as a reminder that no, the end is not in one week. Therefore I continue to fight to correct the careless destruction ill informed Christians and others' cause.

The folks behind the prediction may, or not, be related to evangelicals. It's not important to this post.

Biblical prophecy claims the world will end on Sept 23 Christian numerologists claim

View attachment 150286 (DonkeyHotey/Flickr)

·

POSTED: SEP 16 2017 08:09AM CDT

UPDATED: SEP 16 2017 10:27AM CDT

(FoxNews.com) - Christian numerologists claim that the world will end on Sept. 23, 2017 as they believe a planet will collide with Earth.

According to Christian numerologist David Meade, verses in Luke 21: 25 to 26 is the sign that recent events, such as the recent solar eclipse and Hurricane Harvey, are signs of the apocalypse.

The verses read:

“25: There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

"'26: Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.'

Sept. 23 is a date that was pinpointed using codes from the Bible, as well as a "date marker" in the pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

Meade has built his theory, which is viewed with a widely skeptical lens, on the so-called Planet X, which is also known as Nibiru, which he believes will pass Earth on Sept. 23, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes, according to British newspaper The Sun.

NASA has repeatedly said Planet X is a hoax.

Revelation 12:1–2, is supposed to be the start of the Rapture and second coming of Christ, which is also being mentioned heavily by Christian conspiracy theorists.

The passage reads: "And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth."

In the passage, the woman is Virgo. On Sept. 23, both the Sun and the Moon will be in Virgo, as will the planet Jupiter. However, this occurence happens naturally once every 12 years. There is also a rare alignment, known as "the Lion of the tribe of Judah," which the conspiracy theorists are hanging their hats on.

According to the Express, author Jonathan Sarfati wrote that the same planetary coincidence previously happened four times in the last millennium.

"As usual with any astrology (or Christian adaptations of it), one cherry-picks the stars that fit the desired conclusion," Sarfati wrote, according to the Express. "There is nothing to suggest that 23 September is a momentous date for biblical prophecy, and Christians need to be careful about being drawn into such sensationalist claims."

Spoken like a person who has no clue whatsoever what Christians believe.

1. Anyone tells you a date? They are lying.

Now, brothers and sisters, we do not need to write you about times and dates. 2 You know very well that the day the Lord comes again will be a surprise, like a thief that comes in the night.

Christians don't sin?

If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

The will oh God?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

And..

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Numerology is a cult thing not a Christian thing.

The bible does not hide it's secrets. If you want to know what it says read it as it was written.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I'll bet a thread such as this directed at a specific race or LGBT community would have already been locked. This has nothing to do with conservation.

Has anyone ever seen a fishing report from @hbmcc ? :rolleyes:

I like to think that people of faith would never say "the world will end, so why try to fix it?" But, unfortunately, you are right and there are those on this forum that do just that. There are many "Green Faith" groups that believe that all life is sacred and are actively involved in protecting all forms of life. There are other so-called Christians who take "dominion over animals" way too far.

Derek Young

Down By The Riverside
It has everything to do with conservation; those that act and believe that we can change human behavior using science as our methodology, versus those that believe otherwise.

In other words, "alternative facts."

I'll bet a thread such as this directed at a specific race or LGBT community would have already been locked. This has nothing to do with conservation.

Has anyone ever seen a fishing report from @hbmcc ? :rolleyes:

Spoken like a person who has no clue whatsoever what Christians believe.

1. Anyone tells you a date? They are lying.

Now, brothers and sisters, we do not need to write you about times and dates. 2 You know very well that the day the Lord comes again will be a surprise, like a thief that comes in the night.

Christians don't sin?

If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

The will oh God?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

And..

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Numerology is a cult thing not a Christian thing.

The bible does not hide it's secrets. If you want to know what it says read it as it was written.
Do you realize how many times you have accused those that do not believe as you do, "liars"!

Rob Allen

Do you realize how many times you have accused those that do not believe as you do, "liars"!

Well if a person claims to be a Christian then claims to know something that the bible claims to be unknowable. That by definition makes them a liar.

Reactions: dfl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts