Tucannon River

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum
It's a skinny river, with lots of small rainbows. Most of its run goes through private land, so access is limited to bridges and open-posted lands unless you put in the time to meet and talk to land owners.

It's ideal for 3-wts — I like to use a Redington Butterstick 370-3 ( 3-wt, 7-foot length). The fish don't get a lot of pressure so basic patterns like Royal Wulffs and small Stimulators work well. The Touchet through Dayton is about the same in size and fishing conditions. You can drop into the Touchet right in Dayton behind the high school.

PM me if you want more specifics -- Dayton is my old hometown and my folks still live there so I'm on those rivers several times each year.

ajfly

It's a skinny river, with lots of small rainbows. Most of its run goes through private land, so access is limited to bridges and open-posted lands unless you put in the time to meet and talk to land owners.

It's ideal for 3-wts — I like to use a Redington Butterstick 370-3 ( 3-wt, 7-foot length). The fish don't get a lot of pressure so basic patterns like Royal Wulffs and small Stimulators work well. The Touchet through Dayton is about the same in size and fishing conditions. You can drop into the Touchet right in Dayton behind the high school.

PM me if you want more specifics -- Dayton is my old hometown and my folks still live there so I'm on those rivers several times each year.

Thanks for the "useful" info. I'll post my results when we get back.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts