Pattern JC Chironomidae

Well.... After being inspired by Davys JC Elk Hair pattern and being called out on what I might submit in the All About The Fly monthly Chironomidae contest, I came up with this one. :D :D

Hook: Dai-Riki 135 #12
Head: Stillwater white 7/64 bead
Body: Mylar tinsel over black 6/0 thread
Ribbing: Red .0040 wire
Wing: JC :eek: :eek:

Monty

Attachments

Mr Monty... very good pattern cept for the jc. Your chiro is a full force hooking machine... but it's a sinker. so your jc wings will be useless, unless you are stripping that bad boy across the surface. Try making that same pattern without the white bead. Maybe some white ostrich or foam. so that it sits at the top with that JC wing hanging there. Like it was crippled... But use it as an attractor pattern. Cause no chiro wings look like that unless they are by 3 mile island ;)

Sinktip said:
Well.... After being inspired by Davys JC Elk Hair pattern and being called out on what I might submit in the All About The Fly monthly Chironomidae contest, I came up with this one. :D :D

Hook: Dai-Riki 135 #12
Head: Stillwater white 7/64 bead
Body: Mylar tinsel over black 6/0 thread
Ribbing: Red .0040 wire
Wing: JC :eek: :eek:

Monty

Jeremy Husby

Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Davy has started somthing bad. . . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I had to tie this really quick, a size 24 spey, you think tenting wings on a 1/0 is hard try it on a 24 :)

Attachments

Davy

I hate to qoute McDonalds, but " I'm luvin this"

Ron ? Kristin? give the prize to Monty- how can one top a JC midge pupae ????? I mean really?

We have just entered a whole new price point for chironimids !!

And Jeremy? a # 24 Spey? Jeez???? Tell me Jeremy, how did you find the "sweetspot" on the mallard ?

Ok, up to my knees in deerhair and foam here, tying hoppers for the early summer in Montana

davy

Jeremy Husby said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Davy has started somthing bad. . . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
iagree
Jeremy, That thing is insane, but with all of the speys you have been tying lately and you are runnig out of materials it only makes sense that you need to use smaller hooks. ;)

Mr. Chris... I'm working on cranking out some chiro's and scuds for dry falls ptyd and needed a break. I am having a hard time converting into trout mode.
HMMM, maybe a trip to Churnoble this spring. :hmmm:

Monty

Latest posts