Homemade pizza

Porter

85E9CD56-91EE-469E-9C46-FEB5DEBCB866.jpeg
F82170D2-CB4D-4716-B17C-320297984F68.jpeg
Wife bought some baking stones a while back and we have been making home made pizza.....the stones have really made a difference.

Pepperoni-olives-peeper-tomatoes with red sauce and other is a garlic oil based bacon-asparagus-zucchini- mushrooms- leeks- peepers- with a light sprinkle of home made mini garlic croutons or bread crumbs. And of course all three had great mozzarella cheese. All on wife’s homemade dough, hence not perfectly round.

Note the one pizza was transferred to a baking tray.

Porter

425. Check at 10 minutes but usually bakes 14 approximately

Convection heat

Bottom rack for crisper crust and mid for softer. We go bottom.

Last edited:
View attachment 152145 View attachment 152144 Wife bought some baking stones a while back and we have been making home made pizza.....the stones have really made a difference.

Pepperoni-olives-peeper-tomatoes with red sauce and other is a garlic oil based bacon-asparagus-zucchini- mushrooms- leeks- peepers- with a light sprinkle of home made mini garlic croutons or bread crumbs. And of course all three had great mozzarella cheese. All on wife’s homemade dough, hence not perfectly round.

Note the one pizza was transferred to a baking tray.
What in the fuck are those?

Porter

DO, the pizza stones?
:oops: Sorry DO, thought you were eluding to the pizzas? Just a different way to cook pizza. Get the stone hot (preheat it). Done the open rack and pan too. Wife bought a couple stones of different sizes. I have been impressed with the results.

jersey

livin' the dream
The stone and even steel pre-heated to 450-500 sears the dough well. Pizzas should cook in just a few minutes, depending on how watery the toppings are.

Cast iron pans flipped upside down work well for individual sized pies

Good looking grub Porter

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Those pizzas look great. I use a stone for my homemade pie too. Middle rack. I cook at 500 degrees. 10 minutes maximum.

You can also use the stone on a grill in the summer. It's a really nice way to do it when it is hot outside.

Go Sox,
cds

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
we do ours in a Kamado Joe. one time for cigar night, the Bear and I got the thing up to 900 degrees on the thermometer-had to let things cool down a little!

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I used to do the DO in camps. Similar to be Shapp doing a deep dish style, also flipping DO upside down to do normal pizza. Have done the stones at home and on the grill in camp (especially in burn bans).

Now I have my pizza oven. Use it for more than pizza. But works wonders.

0809141132.jpg

Still use the DO, especially when I'm trying to limit gear. Which never seems to work lol.

Latest posts