How about a Fall Dry Fly thread

Ron McNeal

"Sheltering"........ & BORED....

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
We've been having some sweet, balmy, autumn days on the saltchuck. When the water gets glassy, I like to use skating caddis, muddlers, stimulators, October caddis, etc. Sea-run coastal cutthroat trout will definitely take a dry fly in saltwater. And drag is rarely a problem. In fact, sometimes a little drag and twitch is the one thing that will get you a bite.

Attachments

Matt B

WFF Supporter
I thought about chasing BWOs, but since I didn't get to fish much this summer, I went up to some of @Old Man 's small skinny water for some solitude. Fishing was great; catching was so-so. Hatches included mayflies, stoneflies, and termites.
IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
October Caddis are showing up here. Walked my out the backdoor stream Sunday early evening and caught some for feeding lane tests. Only 1 of the 3 were hammered (at least in the length of stream I could see)... in baseball, that's considered great. Those I caught were size 10-12, in light cinnamon.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts