Issues with Simms wading boots and warranty. Need opinions please.

A.A.

Used to love the Simms Guide waders. Bought several pairs of them over the years even though they cost way more than others. Then came all the "L" and "G" stuff. Bought a pair of the G3s. Had them leak after less than a season(probably around 20-30 days). Sent them in and got a sorry, you're screwed letter back.

Been running Patagonias ever since and the only time I've ever had a problem I got a new pair back.

And I get a discount with Simms....
I had a leak in a relatively new pair of Patagonia Rio Gallegos waders. They sent me a new pair. No questions asked...well, other than “would you like them shipped to your home or grab some new ones from your local fly shop?” Zero problems since. That was almost 3 years ago.

A.A.

Those guide boots should probably last you another decade if you are only putting 15 days or so of use on them per year.
SF
Well, it’s probably more like 70-80 uses by now. But hopefully you’re right. I’d take another decade of use out of them. For $200+ they better last! I’m on my way to ID for 3 days on the South and Henry’s Forks. Now they’ll fall apart on me, would b just my luck!

A.A.

Well, it’s probably more like 70-80 uses by now. But hopefully you’re right. I’d take another decade of use out of them. For $200+ they better last! I’m on my way to ID for 3 days on the South and Henry’s Forks. Now they’ll fall apart on me, would b just my luck!
Well, my boots didn’t fall apart on day 1! But...I broke my new Sage One 7wt after 1.5 hours on the water. Arrrgh. I’ve only fished it 2 other times, probably had 8 hours on it. Now I don’t have a good streamer rod. Broke super easy trying to get out a snag.

Runejl

Josh
the boots started to lose their shape-they actually started to shrink a bit. When the boots became uncomfortable.

My Simms Guide Boots shrunk to the point of being unwearable. My feet hurt and made days on the river really cold. Didn't try to return them, so cant comment on that. Definitely think it is a design flaw. My new pair is mostly synthetic and I ordered them bigger than I needed..

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts