Bull Trout Swap

Any interest in swapping bull trout streamers? With all the new off the shelf single hand Spey lines im looking forward to swinging some of these feisty bastards up on trout rods this winter. Cap it at 10, but as little as 6 would be fine in my book..... I'd like to get them shipped out by thanksgiving if possible.

1) Stoner
2)Scudley
3) Randall
4) James St Clair (maybe)
5) Bryce
6) Jon B

Swap officially closed..... 2 flies each get to tying boys

Last edited:
If I wasn't in the never ending harvest I would like to join in on this one. Might slow down next week, if so, and this is still open I might be down for this one. I'll keep checking, and keep you posted.

Here in Puget sound there are large healthy populations of bulls that are not only legal to target but even legal to harvest in some systems. They can be pretty overlooked but at times the fishing can be completely off the charts for numbers and size. No guilty conscience here.
Thanks ............shows you what I know......... Guess I've heard so much about about bull trout being strictly off-limits, since moving to WA, that that idea was pretty firmly (in incorrectly) implanted......

I sure wish they would go with selective gear and catch and release everywhere. They aren't considered the finest eating fish by very many people anyway.

edit I sure wish they would do that for searun cutts too. Just stupid to harvest them in this day and age. Live fish are worth more than dead and gone. rant over

Last edited:
cmon people..... i use the same streamers to catch bull trout as I do for any other species. If you like streamer fishing this could be a cool swap.

How long are you planning on keeping this open? If it stays small, I'd be fine with doing 2 flies per person. I've finished 4 as of right now but am burning through materials with this one...ha!

How long are you planning on keeping this open? If it stays small, I'd be fine with doing 2 flies per person. I've finished 4 as of right now but am burning through materials with this one...ha!
Good call I'm willing to close it and do 2 flies..... how does everyone feel about that? I'll do one surface fly and one streamer.

Latest posts