WFF NFR Political post whack-a-mole...

Philonius

I think in the PNW politics play a large part in what's left of our fisheries. I don't see how you can discuss conservation without politics.
Not just in the PNW, but nationally and beyond; it's not really possible to discuss what is happening to our world without dipping into politics. I find the WFF posts to be informative in that they expose me to viewpoints that I seldom see in the people I run into on a regular basis.

I doubt I'll ever figure out how someone can be a supporter of environmental causes (such as fisheries) on the one hand, and at the same time back a political entity that is hellbent on squeezing the last few bucks out of our natural resources and into the pockets of the already mega-wealthy.

Unfortunately, this has been made possible by pitting one group against another over wedge issues. The people who REALLY run things, who own our political process outright, are chuckling with glee to see us bickering over gay wedding cakes while they accumulate vast wealth and power. It's gotten so that neither side is able to agree with the other over matters of common interest because tribal animosity has them poking each other with sharp sticks all the time.

Clearly, we do need some better choices in terms of political candidates who are able to put their constituents above party dictates and the Donor Class mandate. I don't know how that is going to occur in our current money-driven political world. As things are headed, (Supreme Court, anyone? Gerrymandering?) the rules of the game could put average citizens in an indefinite lockdown.

I must say, it's all quite disheartening.

IveofIone

If you are a student of history you are aware that every great civilization or country has failed at some point. Failure to realize that we are failing as a country is not unexpected. But we are. Our great achievements are behind us and the Great Experiment of a two party democratic political system lies in tatters. We have learned little about the horrors of a single party system and the chaos and corruption that accompany it. Once the beacon and envy of the world that brilliance has begun to ebb away as we become enemies of each other and fail to remain united in our defense of what we so audaciously created in 1776.

Get used to mediocrity or less-it is the new paradigm.

JesseC

Thanks @Chris Scoones.

Plenty of other forums to drone on about political crap.

WFF is usually a nice respite.

I’m dumbfounded that even in a post saying that political posts aren’t welcome, people are still proselytizing. Fruit flies to vinegar.....let em drown!

Thanks @Chris Scoones.

Plenty of other forums to drone on about political crap.

WFF is usually a nice respite.

I’m dumbfounded that even in a post saying that political posts aren’t welcome, people are still proselytizing. Fruit flies to vinegar.....let em drown!
Vinegar attracts and kills fruit flies? We started composting this year and had a bunch of the little buggers. I hate flies but at least you can whack the house flies. Love to find a way to get rid of fruit flies...

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
PSA: Holly Returns to Sirius/XM Nov 1!!!!

Tis the season to hear Holly! A festive mix of contemporary holiday hits from Santa’s helpers like: Mariah Carey, Rod Stewart, Kelly Clarkson, Pentatonix, Michael Buble, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Chicago, Josh Groban, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Idina Menzel, and more!

Just a nice little reminder that the season is right around the corner.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Nice! Empty beer cans attract them like crazy but not so good at the killing part.
Make a funnel out of paper and have it point down into a container of any liquid they are attracted to and they'll have a hard time getting out. Vinegar is great cus it's acetic acid. Red wine seems to work too. I suspect it's cuz its so sticky.

cds

Latest posts