WFF NFR Political post whack-a-mole...

JesseC

Small bowl, apple cider vinegar, clear cling wrap over top stretched tight, poke some (dozen or so) small holes just big enough for them to crawl through. Works well, easy to do and stop with the NFR politics discussions.

View attachment 153295
Try the paper funnel thing Chris.

I ran an experiment a couple weeks ago. I used bananas, apples, red wine, red wine vinegar, and apple vinegar as my variables.

Apple cider vinegar worked the best.

Then I was horrified to watch the little jihadis climbing OUT of the trap. The funnel seals their fate.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
An electronic fly-swatter waved back-and-forth over whatever the little bastards are attracted- to (like a box of apples or tomatoes) is way more entertaining & you amass an impressive body-count, but Chris's suggestion is as inexpensive & foolproof as it gets. I spent an hour this afternoon blasting Box Elder Bugs off the side of my house with a Bug-a-Salt gun - also entertaining. All from the hip, lol.

KerryS

Ignored Member
One pint canning jar with ring top, clear plastic sandwich bag with corner trimmed to create about an eighth inch hole. Place a half inch or so of vinegar in jar. Put sandwich bag over jar with the corner and hole pointing down. Fold excess of bag over outside of jar, screw on ring, trim excess.

819414B7-2489-43A3-A2A9-52036EB376AA.jpeg

Jojo

Y'all are so clever! I have to say one of the reasons i find myself hanging around here though i probably have no business doing so since i don't fish or add anything to the forum re: fly fishing like y'all do is for four reasons.
1. I don't fish like y'all do so i can vicariously fish on the forum.

2. I am pretty political myself but i get tired of the fighting. And my observation is when you DO talk about politics i think for the most part you are all fairly respectful of each other's opinions - (with some exceptions - cool that you have that Ignore button, i don't think i will ever need it, at least i hope)... I like that most everyone here stick to facts.

While I like finding out who leans where i do in the political world that wouldn't stop me from appreciating a post by someone who is a Tr#%p supporter on other things non-political. And it seems like that is the case for the most part here too.

3. Facebook does not do that. I have a Brokeback Mountain thing going with Facebook. I want to quit it but i can't because it does keep me connected to family who are not close.

4. It's a moderated board and i appreciate the moderators who give some reign but also pull stops when necessary. I am a first amendment chick but sometimes i wish Twitter and Zuckerberg would shut some shit down.

Anyway, thanks y'all for allowing me to post here. To keep my membership here legitimate i will post a fishing report someday. Maybe even with photos. Or maybe not. Hahahaha.

Jojo

Or at least some bikini photos. lol

Just kidding. You have a good outlook and I like reading your posts.
thank you napawino. I like almost all of your posts too because they push the envelope and are edgy. Plus sometimes it almost seems like The Dude is posting here. (One of my top ten favorite movies of all time).

Tracker

An electronic fly-swatter waved back-and-forth over whatever the little bastards are attracted- to (like a box of apples or tomatoes) is way more entertaining & you amass an impressive body-count, but Chris's suggestion is as inexpensive & foolproof as it gets. I spent an hour this afternoon blasting Box Elder Bugs off the side of my house with a Bug-a-Salt gun - also entertaining. All from the hip, lol.
I used a D cell electric swatter to eliminate a ground nest of yellow jackets last month. I just taped the trigger down and placed it over the entry hole. After the first couple got zapped, the swarm came to the rescue from down below. It was BBQ time for about an hour. I truly enjoyed the show. Normally I would believe that somewhat sadistic; however, they threw the first blow with a sting to the neck.....

Jojo

Your true talent is getting your point across in 20 words or less.
I totally agree with this. I wish i could do it, but i tend to be way too verbose. My friends and nieces and nephews laugh at my texts because i text not only in sentences, but in PARAGRAPHS!

Latest posts