WFF NFR Political post whack-a-mole...

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I used a D cell electric swatter to eliminate a ground nest of yellow jackets last month. I just taped the trigger down and placed it over the entry hole. After the first couple got zapped, the swarm came to the rescue from down below. It was BBQ time for about an hour. I truly enjoyed the show. Normally I would believe that somewhat sadistic; however, they threw the first blow with a sting to the neck.....
I WILL remember this application! Great idea.

Y'all are so clever! I have to say one of the reasons i find myself hanging around here though i probably have no business doing so since i don't fish or add anything to the forum re: fly fishing like y'all do is for four reasons.
1. I don't fish like y'all do so i can vicariously fish on the forum.

2. I am pretty political myself but i get tired of the fighting. And my observation is when you DO talk about politics i think for the most part you are all fairly respectful of each other's opinions - (with some exceptions - cool that you have that Ignore button, i don't think i will ever need it, at least i hope)... I like that most everyone here stick to facts.

While I like finding out who leans where i do in the political world that wouldn't stop me from appreciating a post by someone who is a Tr#%p supporter on other things non-political. And it seems like that is the case for the most part here too.

3. Facebook does not do that. I have a Brokeback Mountain thing going with Facebook. I want to quit it but i can't because it does keep me connected to family who are not close.

4. It's a moderated board and i appreciate the moderators who give some reign but also pull stops when necessary. I am a first amendment chick but sometimes i wish Twitter and Zuckerberg would shut some shit down.

Anyway, thanks y'all for allowing me to post here. To keep my membership here legitimate i will post a fishing report someday. Maybe even with photos. Or maybe not. Hahahaha.
What do you mean no reports!? I remember you proudly displaying a nice bottle of red wine from your last trip!

SilverFly

An electronic fly-swatter waved back-and-forth over whatever the little bastards are attracted- to (like a box of apples or tomatoes) is way more entertaining & you amass an impressive body-count, but Chris's suggestion is as inexpensive & foolproof as it gets. I spent an hour this afternoon blasting Box Elder Bugs off the side of my house with a Bug-a-Salt gun - also entertaining. All from the hip, lol.
Hadnt heard about the Bug-a-Salt gun. Gotta get one for the girls so they can handle their own late night spider kill "emergencies". Thanks.

https://bugasalt.com

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
They are a ton of fun! My Daughter would handle & gut fish, catch snakes, handle big intimidating parrots but was scared to death of spiders.

jersey

livin' the dream
Fly trap, @Bajema nails it. The soap is the key and apple cider vinegar is the skippy.

Thanks Chris, need a break from that stuff and looking forward to the return to the old ways,

Skip Enge

Staff member
Christmas is not political.
Christmas is a reason to get shit gifted to you wanna buy but want someone else to buy for ya...so lists are important...beyond that under the guise the sublime and religiosity which some bow to it's a effing excuse to party with money...which we think is fun and justifies giving people shit they never wanted but can't say so for the sake of being gracious in the season...we all know it is bullshit...but we all love it...

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
An electronic fly-swatter waved back-and-forth over whatever the little bastards are attracted- to (like a box of apples or tomatoes) is way more entertaining & you amass an impressive body-count, but Chris's suggestion is as inexpensive & foolproof as it gets. I spent an hour this afternoon blasting Box Elder Bugs off the side of my house with a Bug-a-Salt gun - also entertaining. All from the hip, lol.
I find shooting garden slugs the most rewarding pastime for the bug-a-salt gun

Latest posts