Artists Forum

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Nice work you guys. I have a hard time drawing a straight line (unless of course I'm trying to draw a curved line, lol.). I was never blessed with the "art" gene I reckon.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Nice work you guys. I have a hard time drawing a straight line (unless of course I'm trying to draw a curved line, lol.). I was never blessed with the "art" gene I reckon.
That's okay I have never balanced a balance sheet...My career was creative...I was left alone to create magic and left alone because few could keep up let alone understand my concepts unless i drew em...Ha!...but I think of the art thing...as another side of the scale...The dichotomy of visual learners and auditory...science majors and English majors...or singers and drummers...we all do a different do.

Skip Enge

Staff member

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
That's okay I have never balanced a balance sheet...My career was creative...I was left alone to create magic and left alone because few could keep up let alone understand my concepts unless i drew em...Ha!...but I think of the art thing...as another side of the scale...The dichotomy of visual learners and auditory...science majors and English majors...or singers and drummers...we all do a different do.
Yep, I am with Skip, some things come easier to others. I am so unorganized, mostly, and I can rarely finish any art I start. My mind... I start mowing a lawn one way and then decide to do the edges, then go back and do diagonals : )

Here are a few over 20 years old that were never finished.
I lazily call them "studies" since I wasn't able to complete.

Minds work in odd ways. I studied art and science in school, and it sure was easier to go to art class instead of studying for a science test. They expected real answers : )

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
Thanks Skip.
You really are a very fine watercolor artist ! Watercolor is the true test, not a lot of rework is possible.

Do you paint your watercolors in the field?

You need to think that stuff through the first time, and have the skills to pull it off. Good for you !

Last edited:

Skip Enge

Staff member
Thanks Skip.
You really are a very fine watercolor artist ! Watercolor is the true test, not a lot of rework is possible.

Do you paint your watercolors in the field?

You need to think that stuff through the first time, and have the skills to pull it off. Good for you !
I do a lot of seasonal plein air painting...i don't copy photos...originality is it for me... I had my first solo show in 1974...so I guess I have been painting a while...back then I painted with all kinds of mediums and on different surfaces...even constructivist abstract large works...ah youth! ha!

Skip Enge

Staff member
an abbreviated pictorial story I wrote a coupleof Christmas' ago

Attachments

Skip Enge

Staff member
the whole thing was or rather is 40 pages...I have the little 5x7" drawings ...which i need to scan at a higher resolution...thinking of printing another press run...this time with much better output...the last and first printing was like $6 each my cost...cheap...

Latest posts