Artists Forum

Skip Enge

Staff member
went through a ton of old slides and digitized them...some were 40 years old...old paintings...sometimes you have a plan and it doesn't quite work...I made this one up...I chose to paint loosely and not be so realistic about it cuz I didn't think I wanted to fuss too much...ended up giving it to a friend ...jamma...he has a little gallery of stuff I painted...Hell one is from HS circa 1969... Ha!
The goofy one is called "Competition" the other "The Magic Wand"
competition.jpg
theMagicwand-1.jpg

Skip Enge

Staff member
I recently scanned about a thousand old slides...took a few weeks and found some old work...this painting from around 1997
called "The Magic Wand"...It was shown at Sun River Lodge back then...all fly fishing related paintings...sold NADA!
so it was gifted as a wedding present to a fly fishing friend who introduced me and jamma to "Ludicrous Lake"...
The Magic Wand.jpg
the_Magicwand.jpg

Skip Enge

Staff member
I really enjoy your paintings, Skip. Do you have a website or place to view items you might have for sale?
I have a large show coming up the month of April the 3rd through the 30th at the Stenson,WA Public Library artists opening April 6th 6 PM to 8:30 PM...and a FB page...the show will have about 40 works...called "themes"...and no there are no fly fishing themed paintings...those are long gone. I just have never felt like being typecast as an artist...i am a moving target...here is a self portrait from last summer at a favorite alpine lake near mt Adams...I mix it up
sort of me.jpg

Latest posts