Any tips for an up and coming steelhead guide?

mcoomer

Guys, I've been doing a little more research and it looks like there are some rivers that allow motorized access. I've never been in a boat like this but seen a couple videos and it looks bad ass. There is a guide school over here that only charges $5,000 for a couple days learning how to run one. I think I'm going to get signed up.

I really like the idea of guiding multiple anglers. Not only could it be a better opportunity to spread our message regarding conservation, but more important just look how much fun they are having.

I'm really getting stoked.

Ummm...those dudes aren't fishing. In cycling, this would be called a "natural break". Them boys have had a few too many Rainiers.

blt

Be forward looking and get carp dialed in.
Damn straight. I'm getting my paddle boarding for carp guide service(Sun's Out, Guns Out Elite Guides) off the ground. I already have backing from Cabelas, Speedo, Powerbait, Sage, and Arbys. I can probably get Swimmy a paid internship this summer if he can bring a wide variety of buffs and a proper beach bod.

Ummm...those dudes aren't fishing. In cycling, this would be called a "natural break". Them boys have had a few too many Rainiers.
No, I think you got it wrong. They’re having a contest to determine the order in which they’ll swing the next run. First to finish, first to fish.

get a wife with a good paying job & medical insurance , all the good steelhead guides have that going for them.
Yeah I second that. A wife that pays the bills is a necessity while you break even and stroke your precious ego. A trust fund or rich father is a close second but nothing says you're a man like sending your wife to work while you play fishing guide. That is straight pimp status right there.

The experience may be the important factor of a successful trip but your ego is the metric of a successful guide.

Yeah I second that. A wife that pays the bills is a necessity while you break even and stroke your precious ego. A trust fund or rich father is a close second but nothing says you're a man like sending your wife to work while you play fishing guide. That is straight pimp status right there.

The experience may be the important factor of a successful trip but your ego is the metric of a successful guide.

Latest posts