A River Somewhere

freestonebound

If it swims I'm interested.
There is an Australian TV show called A River Somewhere. In my opinion its outstanding. Unfortunately they only made 2 seasons. They travel all around the world and explore not just fly fishing but also the culture and customs of the places they visit. It's accompanied by great deadpan dry humor. Just wanted to hip you guys who haven't seen it yet.. Almost all of the episodes are on youtube.

Episode 1 Link :

freestonebound

Nope. Nobody saw it. I was happy they didn't. If it wasn't for the anonimity of the of the internet, I never would have told a soul.

weiliwen

Kicked
A long time ago, there was a British program called A Passion for Angling. They didn't necessarily fly fish, but would go around the British Isles, and occasionally further afield, to fish. One of the guys always had the newest gear (like a pneumatic lure launcher for carp fishing) and the other had old-fashioned stuff, like pre-bamboo (sorry, I don't remember what kind of wood) rods, etc. They would ever so gently tease each other during the whole program, but you could tell they got along well. It reminded me of the show above.

freestonebound

I love that show. My favorite was when they went to Scotland. Other good shows are Wild on the Fly, Seasons on The Fly, and The New Flyfisher. Btw, you can find most of these episodes on YouTube also.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts