Pass Lake... anyone fish this lately?

I have been driving by Pass lake these past couple of weeks and it seems that some folks have been fishing the lake. I am thinking about it now that the temps are lower. Any reports?

So I put my purse down and tried Pass Lake today. Got there at the crack of noon. No wind and mild temperature except for the 48 degree water my feet were in. About 8 other guys trying their luck. I managed to land one rainbow next to a weed bed using a conehead WB and one more right at the ramp. Met a couple of really cool guys, one of which, told of a guy getting three fish with a yellow WB right at the ramp. Met another guy that was using a Camando head. This guy was casting a "country mile" with almost no backcast. I'm intrigued to say the least. I am hoping I did not give up secret intel, just wanted to say I had a blast (as always) on Pass today.

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
Met another guy that was using a Camando head. This guy was casting a "country mile" with almost no backcast. I'm intrigued to say the least. I am hoping I did not give up secret intel, just wanted to say I had a blast (as always) on Pass today.[/QUOTE]
Where was this guy with the Camando head casting to Cranberry Lake:D Since the H2O temp was 48 degrees the fish was all on top. Dilly!! Dilly!!

Last edited:

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
I painted with a broad brush. I have found some very muddy bottoms on high lakes but they can be fishable from rock shores and floating logs.

In general, LOWLAND lakes have limited access. I still stand by the floating device.

Latest posts