37 inches of steel on 36 inches of canvas

I love the darkness. Looks like a fall summerun. Definitely something I'd consider purchasing.

If it had a subject, what river would it have come from?
Go Sox,
cds
"Southern OP Shadows...." ;) or something like that. My personal best, it was a surprisingly dark fish low in the system for a winter run, but maybe it had been around for a while? Small system so I don't drop names... Hummmm it was January so I always figured winter run, but now that you say so, maybe a late summer fish makes more sense?

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
"Southern OP Shadows...." ;) or something like that. My personal best, it was a surprisingly dark fish low in the system for a winter run, but maybe it had been around for a while? Small system so I don't drop names... Hummmm it was January so I always figured winter run, but now that you say so, maybe a late summer fish makes more sense?
That would be a big summer fish in WA. The life histories and coloration of steelhead are so varied that you never really know anything. Great painting. you really captured something there.

Go Sox,
cds

SilverFly

Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement, I have some renewed motivation! View attachment 156178 Here is another landscape I worked on last year, but I wasn't happy with it. I tried reworking the sky the other day and it's a little better, but I think the photo is part of the problem. Live and learn? Just going on to the next one. One of my best professors used to say "your an artist if you buy supplies and use them up! don't let them waste away in a corner"
Like your bold use of color, contrast, and distinct style. If i hadn't known who 5 the steelhead or the landscape, I would have known they were done by the same artist.

Latest posts