New painting show

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
It is a bit exhausting to search out venues for hanging my work. I had two shows earlier this year and am part of a current group show now. I have about 60 here framed and ready. So I booked an April show at the Stevenson, WA gallery space. It is very competitive so I guess my timing was good. Of all the spaces I have shown in it is in the top in terms of ambience. I plan to have it coincide with a major birthday...full fledged geezer hood will be achieved. There will be little edibles like hors d'oeuvres and beverages...probably non alcohol ones so that probably exxes out any of you guys attending...;)...Scanning , framing and planning to do...

Last edited:

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I am a bit nuts...I am getting a last batch of 9 paintings scanned to a very hi rez to a thumb drive...Been doing this for years...to maintain a digital archive. It's going to cost me about $350...Yikes! Anyway when the manager of the service bureau was asked if i could get a volume break he said no. They are all the same exact size... And if I had a large format scanner i would scan them as I am very adept at this sort of thing. I am going to look for a new service bureau ... kind of steams me a bit.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Great work as always, Skip! Getting prints done is something I have never understood easily. Unless you are brought into a contract with a publishing house, most artist are on their own. I know the better prints are done gicle'es I read, but I have checked out the prices and they are spendy. Seems that with all the new printers, that for $10 you can should be able to get a nice large print made on thick paper. There is always the photography print route too, I guess. Nothing jumps out as feasible-especially for any art piece of size.

Between costs of raw material, framing and gallery high take, not much left. Puzzling life of an artist, yeah?

How big are your finished scan sizes? Have you ever scanned with a household scanner and then stitched together to make bigger files?

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Great work as always, Skip! Getting prints done is something I have never understood easily. Unless you are brought into a contract with a publishing house, most artist are on their own. I know the better prints are done gicle'es I read, but I have checked out the prices and they are spendy. Seems that with all the new printers, that for $10 you can should be able to get a nice large print made on thick paper. There is always the photography print route too, I guess. Nothing jumps out as feasible-especially for any art piece of size.

Between costs of raw material, framing and gallery high take, not much left. Puzzling life of an artist, yeah?

How big are your finished scan sizes? Have you ever scanned with a household scanner and then stitched together to make bigger files?
I don't print works accept on request...That is rare given my expense...a cheap print , cheapens you...I prefer to sell original work. So I get prints made for donations and fundraising auctions...I can't write them off though...Life is simpler now...no itemization. But if the cause is good enough I will...it's a donation in good faith.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
I don't print works accept on request...That is rare given my expense...a cheap print , cheapens you...I prefer to sell original work. So I get prints made for donations and fundraising auctions...I can't write them off though...Life is simpler now...no itemization. But if the cause is good enough I will...it's a donation in good faith.
Ah, I see. I know a wildlife artist that does that-only sells originals and she does really well. She has a core of buyers and she can exhibit in a few prestigious shows a year and does't have to mess with headaches of the producing prints, marketing, headache of keeping alot books.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts