New painting show

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Hey this opening week is spring break for local schools...if you are around drop by and intro yourself...tapas like hors d' oevres and drink...no alcohol...ain't rich! and hang out a little while...there is in case of schmoozy boredom walking Man brew pub near by...They have to die for garlic fries! and eats not to mention some interesting brew on tap.
Stevenson poster 11X14.jpg

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Gyrfalcon2015

I did not answer your query...

I started with Photoshop 1...a long arse time ago through CS something(i was a digital graphics guy too)... I have scanned my work and stitched aplenty...but i have found the $30 each for scans at my service bureau expensive but incredible...so worth it...i guess my fantasy has always been to produce some books of themed arrt projects...some day i guess, Anyway the files I used to get were on disc, now on thumb drives...the little suckers are easy to lose...i have found...though not yet...the files are of 12" X 22" works primarily...basically half or split watercolor sheets that are 22 X 30 generally...Each file is of a p[ainting is a TIFF at about 160 MB and a jpeg at about 15 MB... the files would print very nice in deed.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Ah, I see. I know a wildlife artist that does that-only sells originals and she does really well. She has a core of buyers and she can exhibit in a few prestigious shows a year and does't have to mess with headaches of the producing prints, marketing, headache of keeping alot books.
she is doing it right...the only time I have prints made is when I donate them or gift them

Mtbright

In my past life I ran art galleries for 10 years before going into education. As I was leaving the business giclees, were just coming in and changing the way an artist can manage their output. It allowed them to produce high quality reproduction of their work affordably. Lithos and serigraphs are much more costly especially when you have add in storage of the sheets you have to print.

Originals are awesome and look better, but are not always affordable for the everyday person, I own originals and many different forms of reproductions (etching, sceenprinting, serigraphs, litho, woodblocks and photo’s) don’t think I own a giclee, but would if I liked it.

Nice work skip and good luck with it

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I spent 25 years doing frame restoration for clients galleries and museums...period frames...I have also had shows since my first in 1974. I had sort of an inside track as I worked as a museum exhibit designer for 22 years...I have sold a lot of paintings...re: hundreds...I don't keep track , just know I don't make a living at it...IMO, I paint and create for the right reasons.

Mtbright

It is an amazingly hard thing to do to make a living. I have seen very few be able to do it and Most of those have a gimmick or an angle that they use.

Usually it lies on the idea that I have a job that allows me to do the creative stuff on the side.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Hey I will be at Latte Da Wine and Coffee Bar in Vancouver...from 6 to 8 pM THIS COMING FRIDAY FOR MY OPENING...if you are local it would be fun to meet you...The show will be open all month...It is what i do and admittantly it cuts into my fishing time...that is my excuse and i am sticking to it.

Mtbright

Hey I will be at Latte Da Wine and Coffee Bar in Vancouver...from 6 to 8 pM THIS COMING FRIDAY FOR MY OPENING...if you are local it would be fun to meet you...The show will be open all month...It is what i do and admittantly it cuts into my fishing time...that is my excuse and i am sticking to it.

That is awesome but sadly we live in SoCal, but just bought a house in Astoria, my wife and I are both teachers and I coach water polo. We get a decent amount of time of but in the heart coaching season. We will be up the first weekend of thanksgiving week, if it is still up we diffentlt swing by.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Loading up framed works in my little truck and a bunch of other stuff that hangs with it...Tommorrow the install Friday night the schmoozefest...or rather the wander amongst my paintings hoping to talk to folks...and answer questions.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts