Trump shrinking National Monuments on Monday

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
No thanks Washington DC is a cesspool. Digging into what goes on there too deeply just gets you covered in crap.
Got it. So you don't know or care to know what you're talking about but still defend your hardline positions tooth and nail, day in day out. Makes perfect sense. The classic "don't know and don't give a shit but I'm still right about everything" defense. Perfect.

Got it. So you don't know or care to know what you're talking about but still defend your hardline positions tooth and nail, day in day out. Makes perfect sense. The classic "don't know and don't give a shit but I'm still right about everything" defense. Perfect.
No I'd say that finding a reliable source is next to impossible. News is unreliable. Government agencies are unreliable. If there are no good sources of info why dig?
With all sides willing to lie about facts and what thoes facts mean for the future what's the point. Without first hand knowledge the concept of being truly informed has died.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
No I'd say that finding a reliable source is next to impossible. News is unreliable. Government agencies are unreliable. If there are no good sources of info why dig?
With all sides willing to lie about facts and what thoes facts mean for the future what's the point. Without first hand knowledge the concept of being truly informed has died.
Come on man. Have some faith in something. Not everyone is out to get you and not all news is fake.

Come on man. Have some faith in something. Not everyone is out to get you and not all news is fake.
Ohh i do have faith in something. No everyone isn't out to get me but everyone else is out for themselves which might as well be the same thing. I am speaking of groups not individusls you understand.
How individuals act is much different than how groups act.

Funny how the "know it alls" know it all! I think there's a lot of rude people who know they are correct about everything they know while to me it resembles ignorance. They have big heads though, maybe that's useful!

Back on topic.

Expanding national parks and public land for recreation through all 3 parts of government working together Yay!

Huge monuments by presidential decree booish. Unmonument by decree booish.

Presidents need to be reigned in a bit.
Just because congress doesn't follow your agenda doesn't mean you do it unilaterally. Especially if part of it undoes what congress specifically did.

Sorry adherance to our constitutional form of government is more valuable than every tree in Utah. Good thing it won't cost us that.

Last edited:

Gene S

Anyone who has looked, even briefly, at history knows that Trickle Down Economics has never worked in this country.
Maybe it's not illiteracy. Maybe it's a real life grasp of what is actually going on in this country. Is it a coincidence that income disparity started to dramatically widen with the Regan Trickle Down in '81? And now... Trumps "Beautiful" Tax Bill, authored by The Swamp, is just a continuation of the lower & middle class population getting the blood sucked right out of them.
When Reagan became president in 1980 inflation was hovering at 14 percent, the unemployment rate was 11 percent, and interest rates were above 20 percent. In short Reagan inherited a disaster. Reagan initiated major tax cuts to encourage businesses to grow. Federal spending was reduced by 5 percent and the money supply was decreased to avoid currency devaluation. Reagan's supply-side economic policies resulted in the largest peacetime economic boom in US history with 35 million jobs being created. His policies included deep tax cuts, extensive economic reforms, market deregulation, and sound monetary policy to combat historically high inflation. The Reagan economic boom lasted from 1982 thru 1990 one of the longest periods of growth during peacetime and second longest in US history. Real disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989, resulting in the standard of living increasing by nearly 20% in seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989. The stock market tripled in value from 1980 to 1990, the largest increase in any previous decade. The period between 1982 and 2007 is considered the greatest wealth creation in history, initiated by Reagan.

Reagan's successful attack on inflation was especially beneficial to low/middle income families when rates were reduced from 14 percent in 1980 to 6.5 percent in 1982. His tax cuts exempted most of low/middle income families from paying any federal taxes when the federal tax exemptions were doubled. The Tax Reform Act of 1986 helped low/middle income even more. The old worn out argument that Reagan hated the poor is ridiculous. There was/is disparity in incomes but also a huge increase in wealth creation...a much bigger "pie" resulted. The graph posted is from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities; a progressive organization with methodologies often times using misleading statistics. Regardless, when considering income disparity a graph that shows income before taxes is not a complete picture. Our tax system is highly redistributive with the rich paying a lions share of the tax burden. Tax policy and welfare spending substantially reduce inequality. Few rich people have become rich because of inheritance (not suggesting that luck and privilege doesn't play a role). Most got rich by providing goods and services that improve our lives. There is little relationship between poverty and inequality. Just because some people become rich does not mean others will become poor.

JFK stated in his state of the economy message, "Every dollar released from taxation that is spent or invested will help create a new job and a new salary." Reagan followed JFK's approach which resulted in a booming economy. If Trump's tax plan becomes law we should expect a repeat of positive results. Reagan's '86 Tax Reform Act passed the senate with a 97-3 vote when democrats controlled the senate. JFK wouldn't even be welcome in today's democratic party.

Last edited:

smc

When Reagan became president in 1980 inflation was hovering at 14 percent, the unemployment rate was 11 percent, and interest rates were above 20 percent. In short Reagan inherited a disaster. Reagan initiated major tax cuts to encourage businesses to grow. Federal spending was reduced by 5 percent and the money supply was decreased to avoid currency devaluation. Reagan's supply-side economic policies resulted in the largest peacetime economic boom in US history with 35 million jobs being created. His policies included deep tax cuts, extensive economic reforms, market deregulation, and sound monetary policy to combat historically high inflation. The Reagan economic boom lasted from 1982 thru 1990 one of the longest periods of growth during peacetime and second longest in US history. Real disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989, resulting in the standard of living increasing by nearly 20% in seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989. The stock market tripled in value from 1980 to 1990, the largest increase in any previous decade. The period between 1982 and 2007 is considered the greatest wealth creation in history, initiated by Reagan.

Reagan's successful attack on inflation was especially beneficial to low/middle income families when rates were reduced from 14 percent in 1980 to 6.5 percent in 1982. His tax cuts exempted most of low/middle income families from paying any federal taxes when the federal tax exemptions were doubled. The Tax Reform Act of 1986 helped low/middle income even more. The old worn out argument that Reagan hated the poor is ridiculous. There was/is disparity in incomes but also a huge increase in wealth creation...a much bigger "pie" resulted. The graph posted is from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities; a progressive organization with methodologies often times using misleading statistics. Regardless, when considering income disparity a graph that shows income before taxes is not a complete picture. Our tax system is highly redistributive with the rich paying a lions share of the tax burden. Tax policy and welfare spending substantially reduce inequality. Few rich people have become rich because of inheritance (not suggesting that luck and privilege doesn't play a role). Most got rich by providing goods and services that improve our lives. There is little relationship between poverty and inequality. Just because some people become rich does not mean others will become poor.

JFK stated in his state of the economy message, "Every dollar released from taxation that is spent or invested will help create a new job and a new salary." Reagan followed JFK's approach which resulted in a booming economy. If Trump's tax plan becomes law we should expect a repeat of positive results. Reagan's '81 Tax Reform Act passed the senate with a 97-3 vote when democrats controlled the senate. JFK wouldn't even be welcome in today's democratic party.
Thanks Gene. a rising tide should lift all boats, as JFK said. this has not happened.

Trumps corporate tax cuts are not paid for. Pretty much his business model. This is not a middle class tax cut, as was promised. any cuts given to the middle class are temporary and written in disappearing ink. soon the GOP will be coming after “entitlements” to help pay for their corporate shill game.

it’s amazing to me - this tax giveaway dwarfs what President Obama invested to save our economy in its darkest days - with Republicans resisting every step of the way. now that the republicans hold the check book - they create a tax plan with a $1.5 TRILLION dollar deficit and the silence from the right is deafening.

I hope “trumps” (it’s not really his plan) tax plan works. if it does it will be good for our country. if history is any judge, it will not. the temporary middle class tax cuts will go away, entitlements will be slashed, and the rich will get to avoid capital gains taxes on assets hidden in their estates. the growing trillions in cash will continue to sit on the sidelines and/or overseas and will not be reinvested or repatriated.

Thanks Gene. a rising tide should lift all boats, as JFK said. this has not happened .
I think it has very much happened.
Have you driven around any urban area to see the huge opulent homes the middle class is buying? The cars they drive? How big their TVs are?

So what if the richest of the rich are richer than they ever have been.. what business is that of anyone else?

There is more widespread luxuriant living in this nation right now than has ever existed before.
What we have is envy and greed run rampent throughout the socio-economic spectrum.
Think i am wrong? Check your 500 dollar fly rod American Privledge then thank God for it.

The rich complaining about the richer and their treatment of the poor is absurd.

I think it has very much happened.
Have you driven around any urban area to see the huge opulent homes the middle class is buying? The cars they drive? How big their TVs are?

So what if the richest of the rich are richer than they ever have been.. what business is that of anyone else?

There is more widespread luxuriant living in this nation right now than has ever existed before.
What we have is envy and greed run rampent throughout the socio-economic spectrum.
Think i am wrong? Check your 500 dollar fly rod American Privledge then thank God for it.

The rich complaining about the richer and their treatment of the poor is absurd.
The tables tilt in one direction. That is why.

Latest posts