Trump shrinking National Monuments on Monday

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
Are you suggesting that all economists think alike? Seriously. Of course they have varying opinions.
That isn't what I'm saying at all, and different economic theories don't change history. I'm saying there has never been a clear example of trickle down theory working the way it was sold to the public in the USA. A tax cut to the top tax bracket(s) has never on it's own generated more economic growth than the value of the reprieve. It is a flat out lie what some of the people trying to sell this tax bill are saying, including but not limited to "it will pay for itself." It will spur growth, sure, but it will also add to the deficit because it isn't going to grow the economy more than $1.5 trillion.

Last edited:

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
That isn't what I'm saying at all, and different economic theories don't change history. I'm saying there has never been a clear example of trickle down theory working the way it was sold to the public in the USA. A tax cut to the top tax bracket(s) has never on it's own generated more economic growth than the value of the reprieve. It is a flat out lie what some of the people trying to sell this tax bill are saying, including but not limited to "it will pay for itself." It will spur growth, sure, but it will also add to the deficit because it isn't going to grow the economy more than $1.5 trillion.
What do you mean there is no clear example? It's still trickling down...you just need to be patient. As for politicians exclaiming the merits of their policies, let's not forget that "ACA will reduce premiums" and "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor". It's all part of the show and sausage making.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Meanwhile, here in Montana:

I underlined the part I like the best.

Increasing Access to Your Public Lands
Governor Bullock <[email protected]>

Today, I announced a collaborative and innovative effort to increase access to public lands through the new Montana Public Land Access Network, or the MT-PLAN. Public lands are our history, our heritage, and our birthright. We are blessed here in Montana to have access to millions of acres of public lands, but there’s always more we can do to increase that access. Access to public lands is essential for present and future generations of Montanans from all walks of life, and it’s essential for our economy. The MT-PLAN provides an opportunity for Montanans to help us gain access to even more of Montana’s public lands. In Montana, we have a rich history of coming up with collaborative and innovative ways to conserve, protect, and open up access to our public lands. During the 2017 Legislative Session, I signed House Bill 597 in to law which created a voluntary contribution account and grant program, known as the MT-PLAN. This account will be administered by the Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation (DNRC) to pursue public access easements to open up public lands for recreational purposes and complete projects that enhance existing public access sites across Montana. The MT-PLAN is widely supported by a diverse range of landowners and sportsmen groups for its innovative approach to provide incentives to private landowners for increasing public access across private land to otherwise inaccessible public lands. This grant program is fully funded by private donations to DNRC and the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks. Individuals or organizations can make a donation when buying a wildlife conservation or combination license online or at their locally authorized vendor. All donations are tax deductible, and payments to landowners are exempt from taxation. To find out more about the MT-PLAN or to make a donation, please visit DNRC’s website HERE. Outdoor recreation is a powerful economic engine and we should be doing everything we can to increase access to public lands through the new Montana Public Land Access Network, or the MT-PLAN.

Public lands are our history, our heritage, and our birthright. We are blessed here in Montana to have access to millions of acres of public lands, but there’s always more we can do to increase that access. Access to public lands is essential for present and future generations of Montanans from all walks of life, and it’s essential for our economy. The MT-PLAN provides an opportunity for Montanans to help us gain access to even more of Montana’s public lands.

In Montana, we have a rich history of coming up with collaborative and innovative ways to conserve, protect, and open up access to our public lands. During the 2017 Legislative Session, I signed House Bill 597 in to law which created a voluntary contribution account and grant program, known as the MT-PLAN.

This account will be administered by the Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation (DNRC) to pursue public access easements to open up public lands for recreational purposes and complete projects that enhance existing public access sites across Montana.

The MT-PLAN is widely supported by a diverse range of landowners and sportsmen groups for its innovative approach to provide incentives to private landowners for increasing public access across private land to otherwise inaccessible public lands.

This grant program is fully funded by private donations to DNRC and the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks. Individuals or organizations can make a donation when buying a wildlife conservation or combination license online or at their locally authorized vendor. All donations are tax deductible, and payments to landowners are exempt from taxation.

To find out more about the MT-PLAN or to make a donation, please visit DNRC’s website HERE.

Outdoor recreation is a powerful economic engine and we should be doing everything we can to expand and protect public access to our public lands, clean air and water, wildlife, and the jobs and growing economy that rely on them. Thank you for your commitment, every day, to Montana’s public lands, to our economy, and to the values we share as Montanans.

Sincerely,

STEVE BULLOCK
Governor

smc

If there are no major incidents, natural or otherwise, and there is a contraction in the GDP for six months or longer from current levels with higher unemployment, stagnant wages, and a decrease in retail sales I will admit that these proposed tax cuts have failed. What's trickle down economics?
I’d say your bar is pretty low - for $1.5 TRILLION dollars i expect a lot of winning. so much winning.... anything less than a 3 to 5% increase in GDP, as promised, will be a failure.

smc

Correction. It was @Mathew K's bar. I have much higher expectations. :)
not quite. you took that bar, then lowered it even further with qualifications that would have made trump proud.

your point about “major incidents, natural or otherwise...” is important. no rainy day fund in this tax plan, for sure. unless we win. it’s nice that trump can gamble with a trillion bucks of OPM. just his style. kind of like DC has become the new New Jersey & the White House has become the new Trump Taj Majal. we all know how that ended.

Gene S

not quite. you took that bar, then lowered it even further with qualifications that would have made trump proud.

your point about “major incidents, natural or otherwise...” is important. no rainy day fund in this tax plan, for sure. unless we win. it’s nice that trump can gamble with a trillion bucks of OPM. just his style. kind of like DC has become the new New Jersey & the White House has become the new Trump Taj Majal. we all know how that ended.
My mama taught me that if you're gonna play craps always lay odds..

Last edited:

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
If the tax cuts cause a recession, the Rs will deny that the tax cuts are the cause. They will blame it on Obama.
This is a common tactic used by all politicians,I call it the blame game. I see the same tactics employed by the people whom put us in the position we are in with Puget Sound salmon & Steelhead stocks.its the climate change to much commercial fishing / native Indian fishers. But in reality it’s politics in action ,there were years nobody should have been fishing & years they should have reduced the seasons& catch limits. But the state wanted to sell fishing licenses & the commercials lobbied for a larger harvest. So here we are in a fix .

Latest posts