Trump shrinking National Monuments on Monday

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
Can one of you guys defending this tax bill answer the one glaring question that you've all been glossing over... Why are the middle class tax breaks temporary?

Are you guys just incapable of admitting that you don't agree with something the GOP did? I know that applies to Klick since he's already stated on this forum several times that there is literally nothing Trump could do to disappoint him, but I think some of you probably have a better understanding of the world than that... So why are you okay with any tax reprieve you get being temporary? It seems to me they are only including that so they can sell it to the public without actually having to do it (at least not long term). You guys can't see they are screwing you? This is like signing an adjustable mortgage and the bank is telling you flat out your rate is going to skyrocket in 8 years...

All four House Republicans from Washington voted for the biggest tax scam in American history.
  • Tax breaks for private jets and luxury cars? Check!
  • Tax cuts for corporations that outsource jobs and hoard money overseas? Check!
  • Slash Obamacare for 13 million Americans? Check!
  • Open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling? Check! And the list goes on for 1,000 page

All four House Republicans from Washington voted for the biggest tax scam in American history.
  • Tax breaks for private jets and luxury cars? Check!
  • Tax cuts for corporations that outsource jobs and hoard money overseas? Check!
  • Slash Obamacare for 13 million Americans? Check!
  • Open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling? Check! And the list goes on for 1,000 page
The R's are going to be in for a rude awakening come election time.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Can one of you guys defending this tax bill answer the one glaring question that you've all been glossing over... Why are the middle class tax breaks temporary?

Are you guys just incapable of admitting that you don't agree with something the GOP did? I know that applies to Klick since he's already stated on this forum several times that there is literally nothing Trump could do to disappoint him, but I think some of you probably have a better understanding of the world than that... So why are you okay with any tax reprieve you get being temporary? It seems to me they are only including that so they can sell it to the public without actually having to do it (at least not long term). You guys can't see they are screwing you? This is like signing an adjustable mortgage and the bank is telling you flat out your rate is going to skyrocket in 8 years...
What's to get all worked up about? Nothing done here that cannot be changed later (an no doubt will be at some point). Did you like everything about the ACA? Did you like the fact that Harry, Nancy and the rest thought it was such an excellent program they chose to exclude themselves from it? This shit goes both ways and somehow only stinks when it's the other guys pile.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
What's to get all worked up about?
Because I have a super low tolerance for bullshit, and when Paul Ryan walks into a press conference and lies about this being for the middle class and that it will pay for itself it pisses me off.

Did you like everything about the ACA?
The ACA isn't perfect but they didn't pass it to make people rich.

Did you like the fact that Harry, Nancy and the rest thought it was such an excellent program they chose to exclude themselves from it?
I don't know exactly what you are referring too, but I'm assuming if they opted out it's because they already had coverage. My healthcare is covered by my employer, as is theirs, so why would I get covered under the ACA? It doesn't exist for people who already have healthcare....

This shit goes both ways and somehow only stinks when it's the other guys pile.
Negative. You want me to sit here and rip apart Obama era policies that I didn't support because they added too much $$ to our debt? I can, but I'm not sure how that is relevant since he isn't in office anymore... This tax bill is a bad deal for probably everyone on this forum. It doesn't matter R vs D, you shouldn't support and defend things that aren't good for you.

Last edited:

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Because I have a super low tolerance for bullshit, and when Paul Ryan walks into a press conference and lies about this being for the middle class it pisses me off.
How is that different than Pelosi and Harry echoing O'Blameless's bullshit lies about ACA? Answer: none. Full stop.

I don't know exactly what you are referring too, but I'm assuming if they opted out it's because they already had coverage.
Oh please T.O., don't pull that I don't bull crap. "...assuming they opted out because they already had coverage"... really? Yeah, they have coverage all right; Cadillac Plans that none of us will ever see.

Negative. You want me to sit here and rip apart Obama era policies that I didn't support because they added too much $$ to our debt? I can, but I'm not sure how that is relevant since he isn't in office anymore... This tax bill is a bad deal for probably everyone on this forum. It doesn't matter R vs D, you shouldn't support and defend things that aren't good for you.
That's because you duck doing so when he was peddling this same crap... and only pop out to cry foul about the other side. Shallow and totally transparent.

Gene S

What's to get all worked up about? Nothing done here that cannot be changed later (an no doubt will be at some point). Did you like everything about the ACA? Did you like the fact that Harry, Nancy and the rest thought it was such an excellent program they chose to exclude themselves from it? This shit goes both ways and somehow only stinks when it's the other guys pile.
Ya just gotta consider the source FSA.
Individual taxes were sunsetted to comply with the simple majority Senate rules, rules authored by the late Robert "sheets" Byrd, democrat. As Reagan did in '86 they can always go back to the well. Either party that raises individual taxes would be committing political suicide.

Ya just gotta consider the source FSA.
Individual taxes were sunsetted to comply with the simple majority Senate rules, rules authored by the late Robert "sheets" Byrd, democrat. As Reagan did in '86 they can always go back to the well. Either party that raises individual taxes would be committing political suicide.
FSA? Who is that? I don't know anyone by that name. I used to, but I flushed him.

Short term feel good tax bullshit for those of us down on the sidewalk never ends well. This bill is horrible. Only those in high castles will benefit long term.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
How is that different than Pelosi and Harry echoing O'Blameless's bullshit lies about ACA? Answer: none. Full stop.
I don't know what lies you are specifically talking about, maybe you would like to elaborate? What it sounds like to me is your are admitting the GOP is screwing you but as long as they are equally screwing the people you perceive to have screwed you in the past then it doesn't matter. It's a screwy way to justify it.

Oh please T.O., don't pull that I don't bull crap. "...assuming they opted out because they already had coverage"... really? Yeah, they have coverage all right; Cadillac Plans that none of us will ever see.
I have great healthcare because my company offers great benefits. Should I go find a worse job and get covered by the ACA instead? I don't really follow you here. You're upset because members of Congress receive healthcare benefits? The ACA doesn't exist to cover people who already have medical coverage through their employers or otherwise. Why would they sign up for it? Do you think the people you elect should even be paid a salary?

That's because you duck doing so when he was peddling this same crap... and only pop out to cry foul about the other side. Shallow and totally transparent.
We didn't really talk about politics here much before Trump came on the scene and started screwing us left and right, but I'm pretty sure I have never ducked criticizing Obama here or anywhere else when he did something I didn't like. I didn't like all of the gun control rhetoric they pushed after Sandy Hook and there are several things he did that added too much money to our national debt that I wasn't fond of. But I don't think his administration was ever trying to steal my money to line the pockets of their donors. But shoot, he became president all the way back in 2008 so I don't remember every piece of policy. And I still don't see how it is relevant. We are talking about things happening right now, not several years ago. This is just a diversion tactic. I'm sorry you hate Obama so much but he's gone and isn't ruining your life anymore so move on. You know it's okay to say that you support Trump and the GOP but you don't agree with every move they make, right? He isn't reading this and isn't going to send his goons after you if you say you think something was a mistake.

Gene S

FSA? Who is that? I don't know anyone by that name. I used to, but I flushed him.
Was it a low flush toilet? We just took 40 not quite low flushers to the land fill. And the county is bitching about no room in the landfill. CA, go figure. What this has to do with this thread I have no idea...just venting.

Last edited:

Latest posts