NFR Matt Lauer firing and My feelings on the MeToo campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
My relatives in Sweden, are totally unable to process what is going on with our politics in general. They also question why these women wait so long to say anything. I guess over there, they don't.
If they really loved you, they'd ask you to come live with them in utopia.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
There’s no lack of judgemental & opinionated people on this forum
Assuming this is still referring to the Alabama senate race then I'm not sure I follow you... If those voters elect a child molester then they deserve some criticism. It's called doing the right thing and it isn't that hard.

freestoneangler

Assuming this is still referring to the Alabama senate race then I'm not sure I follow you... If those voters elect a child molester then they deserve some criticism. It's called doing the right thing and it isn't that hard.
But don't we want the composition of our entire elected officials to reflect the composition of the American people?

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
But don't we want the composition of our entire elected officials to reflect the composition of the American people?
No, not if that includes chimos. Like I said before, higher standards. Commit that to memory for the next election cycle. Higher standards, higher standards, higher standards.... A poll released earlier this week determined that 31% of Republicans want their party to run a different candidate for the 2020 presidential election. It's starting to take, we'll get there.

Jojo

It's a shame that Al Franken had to be the sacrificial lamb for the dems. I understand that they are trying to hold the high ground. But I think they did this for strictly POLITICAL reasons, much less so for MORAL reasons. Sadly, they just did exactly what Trump and his folks wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if Bannon paid the last few of these "accusers". the story about how Franken supposedly told the one woman that he can kiss her because being an entertainer makes it OK, is bizaare and I seriously doubt he said that. That seems Trumped up.

Conyers paraded around his senate office in his underwear, in front of women. That's uber creepy. Franken fake touched a womans tits and tried to kiss a woman in a manner she didn't like. I say, apples to apples. Not apples to oranges. This shit is getting out of control. Now its a political football, not just overdue social change. Leave it to congress to fuck it up.
@napawino ....You said everything i was thinking. I too thought the comment "It's my right as an an entertainer" also sounded very weird. Never thought maybe Bannon has a hand in it until you mention it.

Some good has come out of all this, but i fear it's all going to blow up and backfire. And we will go back to the ways things were and maybe start getting all up in arms over transgender bathroom again and bad men will go back to getting away with a lot of shit they say and do to women and no one will be wanting to hear it anymore.

@napawino ....You said everything i was thinking. I too thought the comment "It's my right as an an entertainer" also sounded very weird. Never thought maybe Bannon has a hand in it until you mention it.

Some good has come out of all this, but i fear it's all going to blow up and backfire. And we will go back to the ways things were and maybe start getting all up in arms over transgender bathroom again and bad men will go getting away with a lot of shit.
You could be right. It might be like a huge pendulum. When it swings back, things might even get worse. I don't like transgender bathrooms. Listening to women taking noisy dumps kinda takes the shine off a bit. lol j/k

Jojo

That's true, the right wing base clearly doesn't give a shit about this, but it's a process. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Moore gets elected or not. If Republicans lose a senate seat in Alabama over this, that would send a pretty big signal to the party leadership that they need to run better candidates. There is still hope for them, all though it's slim.
I really think Roy Moore is going to win. I'm so mad thinking that while Franken resigns that today i sent money to Doug Jones.

freestoneangler

Now we're moving on to "touching"... if this new craze spreads out across the continents, there is going to be some big changes in store for all those cheek kissing Europeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts