Driftboat Cover

Need to get a cover for my driftboat for outside storage for the next 9 months or so. Does anyone know of a decent, fairly local, maker of such a thing? Looking for a canvas-type cover with lash-downs.

Thanks!

walove

Universal 16 or 17 foot boat cover? From overtons or west marine. Drift boat covers are usually custom and expensive.

Or get a couple people to help you flip it over. The bottom is quite water proof.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
If you're looking ONLY for a one-time, 9-month solution, an outfit rolls-into this area every year to put shrink-wrap on boats at a few local dealers. I have no idea how expensive this might be, who does it, or if they would treat a single boat but it might be worth looking-into if such would solve your current problem.

If you're looking ONLY for a one-time, 9-month solution, an outfit rolls-into this area every year to put shrink-wrap on boats at a few local dealers. I have no idea how expensive this might be, who does it, or if they would treat a single boat but it might be worth looking-into if such would solve your current problem.
Great idea, but sounds like a hassle to get that sucker re-wrapped after every trip.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Great idea, but sounds like a hassle to get that sucker re-wrapped after every trip.
Yeah, if you're planning on using the boat, that 's a no-go. I was thinking that you were laying it up for 9 months. 5C's is the best long-term solution. I've never regretted getting the cover for my Koffler & Elaine has patterns already for a lot of boats. I tried to make do with an inexpensive plastic tarp over a a PVC ridgepole the first winter; that hair-brained, jury-rigged idea got old quick, fast, & in a hurry.

Yeah, if you're planning on using the boat, that 's a no-go. I was thinking that you were laying it up for 9 months. 5C's is the best long-term solution. I've never regretted getting the cover for my Koffler & Elaine has patterns already for a lot of boats. I tried to make do with an inexpensive plastic tarp over a a PVC ridgepole the first winter; that hair-brained, jury-rigged idea got old quick, fast, & in a hurry.
Yeah, the tarp and bungee-chord approach I've currently got going isn't a solution at all. I'll try 5Cs and see what they can do.

Thanks everyone!

Shapp

It's an aluminum Willieboat.
Well if its aluminum, we have had our koffler drift boat stored outside and not covered for 16 years. Though we store the seats, anchor rope/anchor, oars and oar locks in the garage. It has a diamond plate floor, not the wood skidgaurd floor deck. No ill effects. Not trying to deter you from a cover, just saying your boat won't care either way.

PS before we owned it, it was stored outside for 10 years before that.

If I lived in a place with persistent winter snow, I would probably cover it just so you wouldn't have to dig it out to use during the winter. But I might be skewed, it was only $2500 bucks for the boat and trailer. If we spent $10,000 on a new boat I might think otherwise. One reason I am a big fan of buying drift boats used so you don't have to worry about things like dings, scratches, leaves, dirt and hatchery fish blood.

Last edited:

Did just look at the 5C website. Only problem I have with their cover is that it's allegedly designed to be used with oarlocks removed. That's going to be a total PITA if that's the case. Anyone have any experience using their covers without taking out your oarlocks every time.