NFR Not a Conspiracy Theory Anymore!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Many years ago I read someplace that two guys fishing up by/in the Texas Ponds were chased by one. You all know that we as fisherman always tell the truth.

It was either the "Everett Herald" or "Fishing and Hunting lies"

jamma

If I read Billy's comment correctly, I believe he is implying that it would take a real asshole to shoot something, anything, without knowing what it is (I agree). Especially if it walked on two legs. Being either a very human-like creature, or an actual human disguised as BF. To be honest, I would be far more disappointed about the former being killed than the latter.

Another possibility (admittedly a remote one) that BF are real creatures, and have been shot, but it was the hunters that didn't survive. If BF (as some suggest) is actually a remnant population of Gigatopithecus, then I'm not sure it would be a brilliant idea to shoot a 10' tall bipedal ape, that weighed upwards of 1,100 pounds. I'm thinking a 30.06 round would probably just piss it off.

Not saying I "believe" because I'd have to see one myself. Just saying that there is a real "Big Foot" known from the relatively recent fossil record, and that it's possible (barely) that this animal is not extinct. However tenuous that theory may be, it's based in actual science. Big diff from conjuring up unicorns, leprechauns, the tooth fairy, and other mythic characters frequently employed in BF mockery. Admittedly though, a topic that is begging for ridicule.
Or even knowing what it is and still shooting it.

If someone does shoot a BF it would be very likely that it would turn out to be a man in a gorilla suit playing a joke on someone. The shear number of sightings from credible people including law enforcement is what makes this topic interesting to me. Eyewitness testimony can convict a person of murder so thousands of eyewitness reporting for hundreds of years is indeed puzzling.

SilverFly

If someone does shoot a BF it would be very likely that it would turn out to be a man in a gorilla suit playing a joke on someone. The shear number of sightings from credible people including law enforcement is what makes this topic interesting to me. Eyewitness testimony can convict a person of murder so thousands of eyewitness reporting for hundreds of years is indeed puzzling.
As far as I'm concerned anyone running around in the woods wearing a gorilla suit is asking to get shot.

There are plenty of crackpot eyewitnesses to be sure, but the more credible ones from law enforcement, or large groups, aren't so easy to dismiss. The thing is there are many more eye witness accounts that never get reported by people who want zero association with the subject (who would blame them?)

Unfortunately, these unheard accounts are likely the most credible. Trust me, the jokes aren't (quite) as funny when you hear an eye witness account first hand from someone you respect and trust. Seeing the "my world just changed" look in their eyes, the topic takes on an entirely different feel. Hearing one such account from good friend is why I now have an open mind. Probably because he's one of the last people I would have expected to tell me "I'm not saying I saw bigfoot..... but...."

He had to tell somebody though, and he picked me (gee, thanks..?) Not sure if I should take that as a statement of trust, or a less than flattering character assessment (more likely). Sometimes wish he hadn't, because his story is what got me interested in a topic I previously wrote off as tabloid material. Anyway, seeing how embarrassed and visibly shaken he was, I'm OK with looking like a crackpot for him. Guess I just have a bad habit of sticking up for people I care about, which is why I usually reply to BF posts when they inevitably come up.

I dunno, what he and many others claim to have seen, smelled, heard, is difficult to explain. The "sensible" conclusion is that there is a sizable group of hoaxers going to extreme lengths, and risks, to play their jokes. Often very late at night in very remote locations. An idea I find almost as fascinating as a living fossil.

Last edited:
I totally agree that dressing up as BF and scaring people is idiotic. That being said there are a lot of idiots. Anyone who thinks shooting a BF would finally end the mystery and make him famous might very well end up killing a college student studying theater. The more I have learned about BF the more intriguing the subject becomes. From Florida to Russia, Northern California to the Eastern Sierra and of course the PNW thousands of people have risked ridicule and scorn to tell of their sightings. Obviously a being thought to be extinct yet to be discovered is so far fetched that one that believes these sighting are authentic is forced to ponder even more bazaar explanations.

Bjorn

This story was just about the Yeti-it was he/she that turned out to be bearish. The Squatch on the other hand is just as alive and well as he/she always was and not affected by the story and testing. Anybody know how Bobo is doing?

jamma

"I saw..." stories are a dime a dozen.Where's the hard evidence?Seems highly unlikely that an animal that large could conceal it's presence for that long without leaving some trace of its existence.Especially since more and more people encroach into their territory carrying cell phones.It's like aliens,did you know that before they were depicted that way in an Outer Limits episode,no one ever described them as looking like the"grays"that are so commonly claimed today?

Latest posts