SRC Report?

Ya it's fun to make new names for things to make them seem cooler than they are. Sometimes it fools people into forgetting the less than popular original... Eh CLO....er... XP... ;)

I have not been out lately due to work, but last year I really found a dead drift with a slow strip very effective in the winter. I had to go to PSFC for advice, and it worked. I downsized a Delias to a 8 SC15 and it worked on SRC and really well on resident coho. Hard to get used to the pace coming out of the can't strip fast enough summer and fall.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DimeBrite

MA-9 Beach Stalker
An indicator is not necessary. Tie on your small euphausiid-amphipod pattern, and make accurate up current casts to porpoising cutthroat or resident silvers. Then make twitchy 1-2" strips to pop the fly. The grabs are very fun.

I have not been out lately due to work, but last year I really found a dead drift with a slow strip very effective in the winter. I had to go to PSFC for advice, and it worked. I downsized a Delias to a 8 SC15 and it worked on SRC and really well on resident coho. Hard to get used to the pace coming out of the can't strip fast enough summer and fall.

Thanks can you say sugar sc15 is? So you were doing an 8 Delia’s and went down to something smaller I presume

jasmillo

I not targeted SRC much since the summer. It has been pretty much all salmon for me since August. Wrapped that up with my last Chum outing a couple weekends back and had to endur fishing spots like this the last 10 days or so...

72110A82-046F-4872-894F-1AADEB5E02F5.jpeg

Actually fishing was not great but everything else was so who cares!

Anyway, has anyone here fished SRC with something like a greased mysis shrimp stripped slow? I have a bunch in my boxes from my days in CO. I might have to give that a shot next weekend.

Thanks can you say sugar sc15 is? So you were doing an 8 Delia’s and went down to something smaller I presume
My normal Dehlias squid is tied on a Gamikatsu SC15 #4, I downsized the hook and dressing to a #6 & #8 and they worked great all winter. It's still my go to fly because I can tie a dozen in an hour and throw them out when I bang one on the rocks or the fly falls apart.

An indicator is not necessary. Tie on your small euphausiid-amphipod pattern, and make accurate up current casts to porpoising cutthroat or resident silvers. Then make twitchy 1-2" strips to pop the fly. The grabs are very fun.
Is this fly a dry on the surface or subsurface when you say pop. If subsurface how far down is it? Do you use floating line?

I fished a #16 Mysis today for a while as a trailer. I caught something all right: a herring. No shit- right in the lower lip. I hooked another fish on that rig after the herring, but couldn't tell which fly it was on before LDR. It was dead calm where I was at and could see fish dimpling from time to time which led to the small mysis.

Latest posts