FS spey rod and reel

Status
Not open for further replies.
really not wanting to debate the rating, the color or the merits of this equipment....just want to sell it to make room for more stuff. if you are not interested in it, thats ok too. will be taking it off at the end of the day.

your concern is appreciated. i already agreed to the 8wt. i went out to my fly shop and it is 8 wt but marked to handle 7, 8 and 9 wt lines.

I never really understood why rod manufacturers do that. I have a 2-4 Meiser switch. Is it a 2, is it a 3 or a 4 wt. I don't know. I just know that it makes me smile.

Sorry, just throwing in some humor.

QUESTION: Would you sell JUST the reel?

thx. i think with so many fine manufacturers now that there needs to be a standard that reflects what a rod actually is....but then what do i know.

Just A note; the reason rods are rated 7,8, 9 is because it depends on the style of line used, eg. Scandi, Skagit, Long belly, traditional, etc. as well as the casters style and stroke. Meiser rods are most often the middle number but suitable for lighter or heavier line weights depending on the caster's choice. That's the way I understand it after speaking with Bob Meiser. I have two of his rods; a 6,7,8 and an 8,9 switch. They will cast a variety of line choices, up or down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts